Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Reporting to the Co-President of the Recording Academy, the Vice President of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion will lead diversity, equity, and inclusion internally and externally for the Recording Academy and its affiliates. This individual will be responsible for enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion efforts and ensuring the Recording Academy’s core value of diversity, equity, and inclusion remains embedded throughout all aspects of the Academy, including but not limited to, internal staff culture, membership, awards, advocacy, and related programs.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in DEI leadership and will be a subject-matter expert in DEI data capture, analysis, tracking and reporting, strategic planning, including key performance indicators aligned to business outcomes, established relationships with key current and future DEI partners, strategic partnerships, and budget management. The candidate will partner with key internal and external stakeholders, setting national and chapter goals to accelerate outcomes for underrepresented communities and creators.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Partners with departments across the company to foster a culture of respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as advancement of company-wide DEI initiatives
- Leads the strategic planning and evaluation of DEI performance, internally and externally to establish and set new industry DEI standards
- Develops, manages, and tracks DEI standards, processes, and protocols to standardize DEI across the organization
- Makes recommendations informed by data, best practices, and emerging knowledge related to inclusion in the workplace.
- Tracks OKRs and success metrics, reporting outcomes to key stakeholders, including the Recording Academy Board of Trustees
- Builds and maintains strong working relationships with elected leaders, department leads, and staff
- Establishes and strengthens working relationships and partnerships with music industry DEI and peer partners, including our work in Membership, Advocacy, Awards, and across every area of the organization
- Global, national, and chapter goal setting and tracking for diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Provides DEI in-house consulting to all verticals of the business
- Leads and manages the DEI budget for the organization in partnership with senior leadership
- Spearhead the development and launch of a public-facing Academy Annual Diversity report
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in diversity, equity inclusion, human resources, education, or a related field
- Team player with an ability to lead several projects in a complex, fast-paced, and evolving DEI landscape
- Experience working with all levels of leadership and staff members within the organization, as well as working on cross-functional teams
- Should be well-connected within the diversity and inclusion community and have an established network of outside organizations to exchange best practices, including experience working with colleges and/or universities.
- Ability to influence without authority, think proactively, and function independently to positively impact DEI outcomes.
- Anticipatory, solution-oriented thinking around broad cultural and societal concerns.
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills to develop and grow strong internal talent.
- Data proficiency and ability to handle confidential data and information
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong DEI technical proficiency
- People person with a strong passion for improving driving equitable outcomes for everyone
- Ability to influence outcomes and accelerate goals across all organizational stakeholders
- College degree in an area related to diversity, equity, inclusion, or leadership and organizational effectiveness. Diversity & Inclusion Certification from an accredited institution is a plus.
- Understanding of equal opportunity, affirmative action, and knowledge of applicable federal and California laws, policies, and procedures related to Title IV, Title IX, Americans with Disabilities, etc.
How to apply
Apply via link