Teacher, Music, Junior School (Junior Kindergarten - Grade 7)
- Plan and implement a dynamic choral Music program at the Junior School level
- Establish a strong development of vocal technique in young children
- Integrate the revised BC Curriculum
- Plan and teach collaboratively with a teaching partner
- Enhance the experience for diverse learners
- Direct choirs, concerts, and performances
- Prepare Music for assemblies
- Engage in ongoing teacher professional growth
- Participate in a comprehensive co-curricular progra
- Please note that applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received.
- Please include the following with your application:
- A cover letter and current resume that outlines exact dates of employment, the organization, job title and responsibilities. If you have gaps in your employment history, please advise as to why.
- Please clearly identify your educational background and history of professional development related to this position.
- Apply online at www.croftonhouse.ca/careers.
- B.C. Ministry of Education Certification
- Educational background that highlights Music
- Piano and vocal training required
- Experience in teaching Music with young children
- Independent school experience an asset
- Kodaly and/or Orff training an asset
- Demonstrated awareness of the learning styles of girls
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and flexible
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Crofton House School
Discover more jobs
Crofton House School offers a girl-centred learning environment for students from Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. Here, every day students are motivated to strive for their best selves, embracing academic challenge and diverse experiences, guided by staff who know them and believe in them. Bound by our belief in the power of girl-centred education, Crofton House School fosters a strong sense of community among educators, staff, students and families. Here, everyone can contribute to the strength of our school– including you. We offer extensive professional development opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. Our 10-acre campus provides modern facilities, as well as beautiful outdoor spaces and a daily connection to nature.