TAX MANAGER (US)
As the Tax Manager at Kobalt Music, you will be working in a close-knit team based in New York, responsible for tax compliance and planning throughout the organization. Reporting to the Vice President of Tax, you will ensure that all returns and filings are completed and filed on time in every territory where we operate. This is a diverse and varied role which offers the opportunity to work with different types of taxes in many jurisdictions around the world in a global, creative company. No two days are the same and there is always something new to learn in a dynamic, flexible and proactive working environment.
WHAT DOES A TAX MANAGER AT KOBALT DO?
- You review consolidated US and international corporate tax returns.
- You prepare and review tax returns including indirect (VAT, GST), informational and withholding (1099, 1042) as well as local (gross receipts, property, commercial rent, FBAR), including monitoring jurisdiction nexus.
- You prepare calculations and financial statement disclosures for accounting for income taxes under IAS 12.
- You prepare quarterly US & UK estimated corporation tax payments based on future forecasts.
- You reconcile tax general ledger accounts.
- You oversee the tax residency certificate process.
- You manage the global tax calendar, tax payments, and weekly project list.
- You engage with external advisors on special projects, including global transfer pricing reports, R&D tax credit calculations, and US CFC filings.
- You assist with legal entity tax registrations (setup and closure).
- You interact with other Finance department staff and managers to review and analyze data, which may include holding informational training sessions for their teams.
- You also interact with other Kobalt departments across all offices including Business Affairs, Publishing
- Operations, Writer & Publisher Relations as well as People & Culture.
- You implement new efficiencies with the creation or streamlining of workpapers and procedures.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are CPA qualified with experience in tax compliance, specifically corporation tax returns in the US.
- You have exceptional organizational and prioritization skills and are comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment requiring flexibility and ability to pivot when needed.
- You are a proficient user of Excel and can demonstrate data analysis skills as well tech-savviness.
- You have a flexible and proactive working style, are a natural team player with highly effective decision-making skills.
Benefits & Perks
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
How to apply
Apply via link
Kobalt Music Group
Discover more jobs
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Childish Gambino, Akon, Freya Ridings, Paul McCartney and The Red Hot Chili Peppers and represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs and albums in the U.S. and U.K.