Specialist, Music Repair Shop
- Clean and repair of at least one type instrument -- brass, woodwind, orchestral or percussion
- Provide estimates for repair of instruments
- Work on a timetable to ensure that work is completed within estimated cost/time.
- Work on customer owned and retail instruments from the student level to professional instruments
- Perform work at an hourly rate in excess of the shops hourly rate, and work must be of excellent quality
- Other duties as assigned, such as assisting at repair clinics or school events.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Apprenticeship or a diploma for an accredited repair school
- At least 6 years' experience in working on musical instruments on a daily basis preferred
- Noise environment
- Standing, sitting, walking
- Lifting, pushing and pulling of instruments and cases up to 75 pounds
- Mild cleaning chemical smell
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Music & Arts
Discover more jobs
The first Music & Arts, run by founder Benjamin O’Brien, opened in 1952 and was located in a small house in Bethesda, MD. Music & Arts now has more than 500 retail and affiliate locations, about 120 educational representatives and roughly 27,000 lesson students making it the nation’s largest school music retailer and lesson provider. Now based in Frederick, MD, the company of trained musicians offers friendly service for everything musical in your life including instruments, lessons, rentals and repairs. Visit MusicArts.com for more information.