Senior Software Development Engineer, Amazon Music
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Bachelors or Graduate degree in a related technical field.
- Experience working with Machine Learning and Big Data technologies.
- Fluency in programming languages beyond Java and C++ (e.g., Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience with AWS services highly desirable.
- Experience in Agile, Scrum, Kanban and/or Lean software development methodologies
- Demonstrates excellent judgment
- Mentors and leads great people
- Passionately insists on high standards
- Ability and desire to dive deep into the details of the business and the technology
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one. Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind. You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.