Promoter Assistant – Music / Spoken Word
- Directly assisting the promoters with all tasks related to the promotion of shows, tours, and events. This will include general administration, managing promoter inboxes and calendars, researching venues, and collecting avails, routing tours and pencilling / holding dates, drafting show budgets, offers, projections and settlements, coordinating artwork, advertising materials and ad campaigns, confirming shows with venues and internal teams and other tasks as necessary.
- Organising the meeting diaries and travel of the promoters to ensure efficient use of time and company resources.
- Ensuring ticket sales are reviewed regularly and adjustments are made to promotional plans and ticket availability to ensure continued ticket sales.
- Sourcing immigration information and making applications on Kilimanjaro Live’s behalf as sponsor for international artists touring the UK by issuing work permits to fall in line with UKBA regulations.
- Assisting with the collection and processing of national ad contributions from external promoters relating to advertising campaigns run by Kilimanjaro as the national promoter.
- Updating folders and databases with the wider Promoting team to ensure information is accurate and up to date for all to use.
- Work with the Kilimanjaro financial department to ensure precise reporting of all monies regarding shows/projects. This includes producing projections, reports and overseeing payments as required.
- Work with the Kilimanjaro production department to ensure that production and logistic information is passed efficiently, and the delivery of shows is managed effectively.
- Ensuring that sales figures are reported to the relevant artist representatives as required.
- Making sure accurate marketing reports are generated when required by the artists chosen representative.
- Where appropriate, book and carry out the marketing of events including (but not limited to) posters, flyers, print, online, radio and TV ads.
- Representing the Promoter at shows and events as required, always maintaining a professional demeanour.
- Always represent and promote the company in a good light including and not limited to UK and overseas conferences, festivals, concerts, meetings, and media events.
- Attend regular meetings with colleagues to share information and thoughts and discuss ideas that could be beneficial to the company. Contributing to ideas for new events and being an active part of the wider Kilimanjaro team, working towards overall success.
- Assisting other members of the Promoting Dept. with ad hoc tasks, projects and holiday cover as requested.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or reasonable request as requested by the CEO, department Heads or Promoters for the benefit of the company.
- Live music experience and working knowledge of putting on events and concerts.
- Top class oral and written communication skills with good attention to detail.
- Solid experience of MS Office with good knowledge of Outlook and working in - Excel and with spreadsheets, especially in terms of finance and budgeting.
- Ability and adaptability in prioritising and managing workload, with consideration to deadlines within a fast-paced environment and as part of a team.
- Forming and maintaining good relationships with external contacts in the wider music industry as well as within the company and a good understanding of how different parts of the industry work together.
- Commercial understanding and knowledge of music and comedy in the UK.
How to apply
Apply via link
Kilimanjaro Live Ltd (Myticket.co.uk)
Discover more jobs
Formed in 2008, Kilimanjaro Live is a live music and entertainment events promoter and producer, staging over 700 very diverse shows each year. We work with a wide variety of live music artists in numerous venues across the UK and occasionally overseas, from grass roots venues to football stadiums and everything in between. We take particular pride in spotting talent and working closely with agents, managers and record labels to help to nurture an artist’s career. In the last couple of years we have worked with long established acts such as Andrea Bocelli, Simply Red, Donny Osmond, Craig David, Erasure, Gorillaz and Stereophonics as well as with more recently established artists such as Ed Sheeran, Bring Me The Horizon, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Don Broco, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Maggie Rogers, Julia Jacklin and Birdy. We also regularly book, promote and produce two outdoor concert series each summer, Kew the Music at Kew Royal Botanic Gardens and Live at Chelsea which takes place at the Royal Hospital Chelsea, home of the Chelsea Pensioners as well as Belladrum Festival in the highlands of Scotland. As well as the more traditional live music route, we are at the forefront of the market in working with the digital world and we use our expertise to help digital talent make the move into the wider live business. Artists such as Dodie, Cavetown and NoahFinnce established their fan bases first on social media and You Tube but now do brilliantly in traditional music venues with Kilimanjaro’s support. Outside of live music, Kilimanjaro Live also work extensively with comedy and spoken word (David Cross, Mike Birbiglia, Maria Bamford, Jeff Dunham, Jim Jeffries, David Sedaris, Miranda Sings and Tape Face) plus other events such as yoga with Adrienne Mishler and Rachel Brathen, Nitro Circus action sports, Dinosaurs in the Wild immersive experience and the light trail Christmas at Wollaton. Kilimanjaro is driven to establish effective, collaborative and productive long-term partnerships, continually providing our partners with the best and most comprehensive services to ensure success.