Product Designer - Music Apps
- Strong interest and ideally experience designing music creation applications, while maintaining Apple's design aesthetic and interaction patterns.
- Ideally experience in designing iOS app experiences from start to finish as a product designer with familiarity of iOS development.
- An online or PDF portfolio showcasing UX design work for mobile and desktop.
- Expert knowledge of music production DAW software such as: Logic, Cubase, Live, FL Studio, ProTools or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of effects and instruments used in contemporary music production, ideally not only in software (AU/VST), but also in hardware
- Familiarity with presentation and design prototyping SW like: Keynote, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle or equivalent
- Ability and passion to understand distinct user groups quickly and iterate solutions to their needs.
- Create and evaluate sketches, wireframes and written documentation, and organize them into feature and product specifications that are easy and enjoyable to use for other designers, engineers, documentation writers.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique, and galvanizing a broad range of opinions from various team members around a shared and common goal.
- Ability to function both independently and in a team environment, with strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver solid work on a tight schedule while handling multiple projects.
- Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project.
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills in both English and German
- Mastery of iOS and macOS, with a passion for the Apple design and workflows, our products, and our customers
- Degree in music technology, music production, human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent. Alternatively, 3+ years of working experience as a product designer.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
We’re a diverse collective of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what’s possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. And the same innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices — strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is where your work can make a difference in people’s lives. Including your own. Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. Visit jobs.apple.com to learn more.