Producer, 1Xtra Music Team, Popular Music
- Deep knowledge and experience across the full range of contemporary Black music genres.
- A highly developed understanding of the lifestyle of young music fans.
- Expert knowledge of the principles and techniques required to deliver music policy on the radio e.g. clocks and playlists.
- Working knowledge of music scheduling software e.g. Powergold
- Evidence of establishing and sustaining productive relationships in the music industry.
- An ability to interpret and use market and audience research data.
Benefits & Perks
- Excellent career progression – the BBC offers great opportunities for employees to seek new challenges and work in different areas of the organisation.
- Unrivalled training and development opportunities – our in-house Academy hosts a wide range of internal and external courses and certification.
- Benefits - We offer a competitive salary package, a flexible 35-hour working week for work-life balance and 26 days (1 of which is a corporation day) with the option to buy an extra 5 days, a defined pension scheme and discounted dental, health care, gym and much more.
How to apply
Apply via link
BBC Radio 1Xtra
Discover more jobs
BBC Radio 1Xtra plays the best in contemporary black music, with a strong emphasis on live music and supporting new UK artists. Working closely together the stations look to connect the BBC with the next generation of young audiences and be the leading voice in young UK culture.