Manager, Music Production - Japan
- Build deep creative relationships with labels, publishers, managers, agents, composers, music supervisors, etc. and have a vast understanding of music supervision or worked in-house at a studio as a music executive.
- Be responsible for upleveling the Production and Post Production managers with music production/creative and estimate appropriate music budget for titles.
- Look for opportunities to scale music creative/production resources (e.g. overall deals with music supervision or clearance companies, music production houses, composers, etc.)
- Create education and outreach opportunities in regions where music supervisors are not readily available.
- Suggest music supervisor, executive music producer, songwriter and/or composer shortlist, collect and curate reels to present to filmmakers and help schedule composer, filmmaker meetings.
- Advise on-camera performances in collaboration with Music Producer - including clearance, pre-records, on set production and post production requirements.
- Work with music editor and post supervisor during temp dub to make sure music is ready for preview / test screening.
- Work with post, music editor and composer to develop a music post schedule that coincides with post timeline and adhere to said schedule and music milestones.
- Facilitate score notes and approval process between the studio, composer, director and producers by organizing score review sessions after locked picture.
- Align with the music producer as they are in the process of song selection as it relates to studio approvals and budget.
- Align with Music BALA to guide the soundtrack partner selection process based on offers, partnership strengths and roster.
- 10+ years of experience either as a music producer or in-house music executive at a studio.
- Must have in territory experience in music production for live-action features, series and anime.
- Strong communication and cross-functional skills, with the ability to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments to align from strategy through execution
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, are very curious and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Discover more jobs
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.