Head of Music Marketing
- Manage the release calendar and campaign timelines for releases across Monstercat’s brands: Instinct, Uncaged, and Silk.
- Support the Music Marketing team in developing and driving considered marketing plans for music releases and assist in long-term artist development for Monstercat artists.
- Orchestrate creative brainstorming sessions to drive 10X ideas and content marketing strategies in support of Monstercat artists and releases.
- Liaise with external stakeholders as well as Monstercat’s Music and Creative departments to identify, develop, and uphold the artists’ creative vision and goals for each release.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to a team of music marketers, enabling them to reach their yearly key results and create roadmaps for their continuous professional development.
- Work with the Marketing Director to set annual department objectives for the Music Marketing team, and hold quarterly check-ins to align on the performance of each team member.
- Manage the Music Marketing yearly budget.
- Actively support the employee experience and company culture.
- Collaborate with the Head of Digital Marketing and team to execute novel fan acquisition campaigns across social, direct (email/SMS), and paid channels that advance Monstercat’s data collection and segmentation insights.
- Oversee the coordination of cross-functional efforts behind all priority releases (including Communications, Creative, Sync/Partnerships, Marketing, and Music), ensuring effective communication and collaboration from all stakeholders.
- Represent Monstercat’s music marketing team in artist signing discussions, 3rd party partner negotiations, and at Monstercat’s events.
- Lead the Music Marketing team in assessing Electronic music trends, consumer behaviour, and competitor research.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in a Music marketing role for a record label, agency, or distribution service is a must. Experience working within, or passion for, the electronic music industry is a strong plus.
- 2+ years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Familiarity with record label departments, including Digital Marketing, Publicity/Promotions, Music/A&R, Creative, and Sync/Licensing.
- Proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and strong oral and written communication ability. Must be adept at communicating creative concepts and projects to a wide range of audiences.
- Self-starter and flexible; able to quickly and calmly respond to evolving campaign parameters.
- A passion for redefining music culture as we know it today, particularly as it relates to emerging technologies.
- Diplomacy and negotiation skills, with a history of client management.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Monstercat is North America’s largest independent electronic music record label. Founders Mike Darlington (CEO) and Ari Paunonen (CSO) founded the label in 2011, and since moving to Vancouver, British Columbia, have built a roster of world-renowned artists. The company’s mission is to connect artists with fans in a way that nurtures the spirit of sharing and family. Monstercat is a label finely in-tune with an audience that communicates primarily in the online realm. Notable achievements include: over 7 million YouTube subscribers, 4 billion streams, and 4 million record sales. With major markets including the United States, the UK, and Australia, Monstercat has highly successful branches of merchandising, live event promotion, and technological innovation. Backed by enthusiastic employees, driven artists, and the dedication of supporters world-wide, every chapter of our story is worth a listen. Welcome to the family.