Head of Artist & Label Strategy, Hip Hop & R&B
- Manage a portfolio of developing & established accounts via direct lines of communication
- Build and maintain a network of strategic and creative relationships, with expertise in Hip-Hop and R&B, including but not limited to advertising, influencer, and social media agencies; content creators; publicists; radio promoters; A&R resources; sync licensing companies, brand agencies, and international strategists.
- Leverage the aforementioned network, and your own experience, to identify and generate opportunities to increase project exposure and revenue for your clients.
- Provide clients with strategic guidance around managing their own marketing budgets.
- Assist clients in establishing their release timelines and the flow of related marketing assets.
- Collaborate on DSP pitching strategy with Stem’s Manager of Editorial & Commercial Strategy, helping to set client goals and manage client expectations.
- Proactively identify client issues and potential churn, take preventative action.
- Become a subject matter expert of all Stem features and services and evangelize across your portfolio of clients.
- At least 4 years of progressive marketing experience in the entertainment industry, with at least 8 years of entertainment industry experience total
- Comprehensive understanding of emerging and established streaming and social platforms.
- Comprehensive understanding of the recorded music business and general understanding of tangential music industry pillars including music publishing and live music.
- Familiarity with digital music distribution landscape.
- Dynamic and passionate music fan with a deep knowledge of Hip-Hop and R&B.
- Established network within Hip-Hop and R&B artist, industry and influencer communities.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under ambitious and demanding timelines.
- Proficiency in digital productivity landscape including Microsoft Office & Google Suite, presentation building and various research/analytics tools.
- Curious about the evolving music technology landscape, entrepreneurialism in music, and artist independence.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package including equity for all full-time employees. We maintain salary brackets for all career tracks to ensure equitable salaries across the company.
- 100% premiums covered for employee medical, dental, and vision (60% for dependents)
- Company 401(k) match up to 4%
- Unlimited paid time off
- Student loan paydown program
- Excellent parental leave policies
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Discover more jobs
Stem is a distribution & payments solution for artists & their teams. Offering music & video distribution, visualized data, monthly royalty payments, simplified revenue splits, and advances on future earnings, Stem brings clarity to the complicated process of digital rights management & monetization online. Stem Disintermedia is led by a driven & collaborative team from diverse backgrounds, including senior professionals from UTA, PeerStreet, Hired, Apple Music, and FlashFunders. Our highly-strategic group of investors and senior advisors include former COO of Venmo Michael Vaughan, Acorns board member and former Wealthfront CEO Adam Nash, Carta CEO Henry Ward, Quality Control Music (Cardi B, the Migos and Lil Yachty) co-founder and COO Kevin "Coach K" Lee, Three Six Zero CEO Mark Gillespie, two-time NBC All-Star Baron Davis and WndrCo.