- WOWs The Customer - Deep passion and desire for creating amazing customer & colleague experiences
- Gets Things Done - Great work ethic and moves with a sense of urgency
- Obsesses over the Details – Committed to paying attention to the details
- Drives Continuous Improvement – Always focusing on effective and efficient work and ways to get better
- Develop the Future – Committed to pursuit of growing personally & professionally and has a focus on bringing your colleagues along with you on that journey
- Upbeat /Positive Attitude
- Dependable / Reliable Transportation
- 1 or more years of Guitar or bass playing and basic maintenance (tuning / polishing/ stringing) experience desired.
- A passion for stringed instruments.
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work at a rapid and steady pace
- Ability to consistently lift 25 pounds
- Must be able to be on your feet for entire shift
- Must be comfortable working around flash photography
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
**Overview** Since 1979, Sweetwater has been committed to giving music makers the ultimate shopping experience. Whether our customers are buying their first guitar or building their dream studio, we're committed to being a music gear retailer they can trust. When you come to work at Sweetwater, you are immediately immersed in a culture that is centered on one mantra: "Do what's right for the customer." And while we're all busy pressing toward that goal, the same holds true regarding the environment we provide for our employees. We have an awesome time working in great surroundings, earning competitive wages, enjoying excellent perks, and living in a great area. We strive to do the right things to facilitate a culture that is not only high performance, but also one that's stimulating and fun to be a part of. Even with Sweetwater's remarkable growth, the workplace maintains a "small company" feel and a personalized, family-oriented philosophy. From the daily work environment to special occasions, we're always focused on doing what is right for our employees.