Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Sales on Reverb support Reverb Gives, which provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.
Job Description About the team: Our team produces editorial features, mini-documentaries, tutorials, gear demos, buying guides, and more for a large audience of music makers. We teach our readers and viewers about instruments old and new, inspire them to use the gear they have, and help them make good decisions when buying the next piece of their rig.
About the role: We're looking for an Editor to commission and guide the work of freelance writers, while researching, reporting, and writing their own articles. The topics covered will include electronic music-making, modern production techniques, and other music-making topics. So you should have:
- Strong writing skills
- A deep interest in electronic music instruments and production methods
- An eye for finding compelling narratives within broad ideas
- A familiarity with publications and writers that cover music-making
- A passion to learn about the many ways music is made today
The Editor will report to our Content Manager, on the Marketing Team. This is a full-time position located in our Chicago, IL, office, but we are open to remote hires within multiple states as well. For candidates who will work remotely, visit this link for a list of approved locations.
To apply, please submit a resume, a cover letter that explains why you would be a good fit for the role, and 3-5 examples of published articles that demonstrate your knowledge about music-making. Please include these as an attachment with your resume and cover letter.
- Grow a network of freelance contributors and manage their work: field pitches, refine ideas, commission pieces, and edit drafts into their final, published forms
- Research and write editorial features on various music-making topics
- Interview artists and producers about how they make their art
- Cover the release of new instruments and music tech
- Assist the creation of other forms of Reverb content, from mini-documentaries to music gear buying guides
- 3 or more years of experience as a professional writer or editor (freelance or employed full-time)
- A passion for a diverse range of musical genres and subgenres
- The ability to balance multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Proficiency with a digital recording rig (DAW, audio interface, and microphones)
- Experience with a content management system (CMS) and basic HTML, or the ability to learn quickly
Benefits & Perks
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units.
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Join our team and help us make the world more musical: