Director of Global Music Policy
- Setting the course for the company’s policy engagement strategy across a range of music and IP regulatory and policy areas in jurisdictions worldwide
- Working with business, legal, academic and other public policy experts to help craft the company’s position on changes in the fields of music and intellectual property
- Engaging with policymakers, legislators, and other external partners on relevant regulatory areas
- 12+ years experience dealing with music policy issues as well as related regulatory proceedings and law-making processes
- Strong knowledge of global digital music licensing regimes
- Relevant private or public sector experience (country-level intellectual property office or other Government) advising on relevant policy issues
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative, pragmatic approaches and business-focused solutions to regulatory challenges and developments, as well as proactive legislative and policy proposals
- A history of effective advocacy before a wide range of government officials
- Possess an understanding of the rapidly developing fields in technology and innovation, and a demonstrated ability to translate technical and legal concepts for different audiences
- A propensity for thinking strategically and a track record of achieving effective results
- Public speaking and writing about music policy issues a strong plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an absolute commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- This role may be based in our New York, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, or London offices
- Hybrid Office Mix (2-3x a week required)
Benefits & Perks
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 50m tracks for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, and an ad-free music listening experience. Today, Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming service with 345m users, including 155m subscribers across 101 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.