Digital Content Editor, Smooth Radio
- Driving traffic to smoothradio.com with engaging articles, features and quizzes on the latest music and entertainment news that is relevant to the Smooth audience.
- Following Smooth’s content focus of music and film icons from the ‘70s onwards, pitching fantastic and engaging evergreen features and lists that will entertain our audience and bring in high search traffic.
- Staying on top with upcoming TV shows, films, albums, tours and more to make sure we’re covering all the relevant and important subjects that will bring in high search traffic.
- Interpreting commercial briefs to create engaging native features with brilliant headlines that hit a client’s needs.
- Assisting Smooth’s social team to help create engaging assets, schedule posts and help increase our social following, and to promote special on-air projects for the brand.
- Building Smooth’s weekly newsletter for our thousands of followers.
- Assisting Digital Managing Editor with special projects, including celebrity interviews, podcasts and video series. There will also be opportunities to work alongside the on-air team and Smooth’s presenters.
- Also assisting in writing news and features for Smooth’s sister station, Gold.
- You’ll be experienced in writing content that performs well on search using the latest SEO techniques, and on social media with a great ability to write a punchy and engaging headline.
- You will also be experienced in using photo edit tools such as Photoshop or Canva in order to create fantastic and engaging article promo images, and social assets.
- You’ll have a brilliant writing style that is friendly, conversational, reliable and full of personality.
- Experience of a content management system.
- Fantastic organizational skills and to be able to juggle various tasks and work with different departments, and to be able to complete articles quickly but accurately.
- Experience in running and posting on social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Experience with video editing software and a basic understanding of HTML is a big plus.
- Number of monthly unique users to our website and digital platforms via search traffic and social engagement.
- Online and social user engagement (video views, shares etc.)
- Smooth and Global Digital Teams (Social / Editorial / Video)
- Smooth Programming
- Smooth Branded Content, Marketing and CRM (Newsletter) Teams
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Europe’s largest radio company, Global is home to respected, national market leading media brands broadcasting across the UK on DAB & FM and around the world on Global Player, including Heart, Capital, LBC, Capital XTRA, Capital Dance, Classic FM, Smooth, Radio X and Gold. Global Player allows listeners to enjoy all of Global’s radio brands, award-winning podcasts, and expertly curated playlists, in one place in app, on web and on smart speakers. Global is also one of the leading Outdoor companies in both the UK & Europe, with over 253,000 sites reaching 95% of the UK population. Global’s extensive and diverse outdoor portfolio encompasses Transport for London’s Underground network, almost all major UK airports including Gatwick, the UK’s largest portfolio of roadside posters and premium digital screens in prime locations, as well as the UK’s largest network of buses including all major cities. On-air, on Global Player and with our outdoor platforms combined, Global reaches 51 million individuals across the UK every week, including 25 million on the radio alone.