- Managing and supporting Product Designers and Senior Product Designers across multiple product squads
- Coaching and providing feedback on your team's performance, helping them to develop clear career development goals and action plans on how to achieve them
- Partner with the leads on Product and Engineering for a Business Unit, collectively ensuring that the group is strategically aligned, engaged, and delivering results
- Helping to shape the future vision of products and driving strategic design work in exciting areas, such as conversational design, messengers, machine learning, and more
- Partnering with the design leaders to evolve the Product Design team: our people, our structure, our processes, our beliefs
- Growing Utopia Design by recruiting and representing us publicly in ways like writing for, speaking, community building and outreach, and more
- +5 years of experience designing digital products and systems. This isn't solely a people management role. You'll also be involved with and guide the product work. Our managers care deeply about and actively engage in our product development process, details, and outcomes
- Experience managing Product Designers and genuinely caring about how the people who report to you perform, feel, and grow. The ability to develop a genuine relationship with people and help them grow, learn, and succeed
- You are working knowledge of the entire stack of Product Design, from systems thinking to visual design. You don't need to be a specialist in all of these things, but you should be able to have informed, intelligent conversations
- Ability to communicate with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Ability to envision and lead change. There are many things that we still need to evolve and improve about how we work, and design managers are a vital part of driving that change. We're looking for someone who aligns with our values and who makes us better.
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. Passion for building products. A desire to make things better
Benefits & Perks
- Great atmosphere - we live, love & breathe music & tech!
- Working in an impact oriented team and inclusive company culture.
- An experienced team to learn from, with proven track records in multiple startups and big tech companies.
- Our flexible remote policy provides Utopians the freedom to work either from one of our inspiring offices or from home.
- We celebrate being an international and multicultural company.
- Competitive benefits; packages depend on location. You’ll be given more details on this during the interview process.
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Discover more jobs
While technology continues to shape the future, the world of music remains in the past. Our mission is to reclaim the creative and economic value of the music industry. At Utopia, we are setting out to transform the entire industry. To create new revenue streams, consolidate the data and declutter the admin; unlocking the industry’s full potential by unifying it all in one truly holistic space. Utopia was founded in 2016 with the goal of creating a better world of music. With an ever-growing team of 60+ people across Sweden and Switzerland - all focused on one common goal; providing a transparent, fair and efficient environment for all. Welcome to Utopia – Where Music Lives.