Data Scientist - Creator Business Analysis
- Apply understanding of advanced statistical modeling to provide an opinion on future trends in music and what they mean for Spotify.
- Identify the most impactful business opportunities for product development based on market needs, and execute on them diligently and inventively.
- Partner closely with other data scientists and data engineers to help inform, build and test hypotheses, delivering insights to fuel our products.
- Define metrics and utilize dashboards to help measure the health of our initiatives.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of researchers, product owners, engineers, designers, and others who are passionate about our creator marketplace.
- Be an advocate of data-informed decision-making, providing recommendations on product performance and experience.
- At least 3+ years of proven success as a data scientist, working with sophisticated statistical methods in a similar business capacity.
- Experience in product analytics, including crafting success metrics, running power analyses, resolving statistical significance, and presenting findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
- Hands-on experience synthesizing insights from data using tools such as Python, R, BigQuery, SQL, and/or Tableau.
- Previous experience collaborating closely with teams of data scientists and data engineers, building tools in production and at scale.
- A skilled communicator who values building trusted relationships with partners and has the ability to communicate complex topics in straightforward terms.
- A compelling storyteller who can influence real world product or feature decisions and communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to audiences with varied data science knowledge.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and easily able to collaborate with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 50m tracks for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, and an ad-free music listening experience. Today, Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming service with 345m users, including 155m subscribers across 101 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.