Coordinator, Music Programming - Part Time
- Receives daily assignments from Vice President, Music Programming Operations or Manager Music Programming Operations.
- Gains an understanding of the music scheduling software and automation system.
- Properly enters song information and non-music elements into music scheduling software and automation system maintaining required royalties data.
- Develops an understanding of and perform audio editing, fades and inserting correct digital markers that sound the most appealing based on music/content selection and channel genre.
- Loads audio elements into music automation system, maintaining required royalties data.
- Pulls listeners requests and calls from electronic webmail.
- Ensures on-air hosts receive daily music logs and updated talent schedules generated from music scheduling software.
- Monitors assigned specialty programming for content and technical quality control; verifying accurate start time of program(s) and prepares programming for On Demand.
- Serves as an In-Studio Producer, ensuring that live broadcasts air smoothly by maintaining proper audio levels, firing elements at proper times, troubleshooting technical issues under pressure.
- May record and archive Artist IDs and Interviews.
- May research, edit and disseminate show prep materials and line copy to on-air talent.
- Assists with the coordination of music projects by compiling research data, and learns how to interpret data.
- May participate in music meetings -- may monitor format charts, trade journals and music sales figures to be as knowledgeable as possible about assigned format(s).
- May screen incoming calls and messages and selectively choose callers and messages to go on-air, for the purpose of enhancing program content.
- May act as liaison to music artists during celebrity visits and communicates with music labels, as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 6-12 months of music programming related experience at a satellite, traditional commercial, and/or college radio station.
- Strong interest in learning all aspects of music programming and a desire to grow into a Program Director position
- Strong interest in music and pop culture
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and task-switch, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.Pandora.com/careers. About SiriusXM Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world’s largest audio entertainment company, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and advertising-supported audio products. With the recent addition of Pandora Radio, the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., SiriusXM reaches more than 100 million people with its audio products and services. Pandora is a leading music and podcast discovery platform, providing a highly-personalized listening experience to approximately 70 million users each month with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology - whether at home or on the go - through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products. As the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., with an industry-leading digital audio advertising platform, Pandora connects listeners with the audio entertainment they love.