BIE, Amazon Music
- Working with marketing, merchandising, product management and engineering to identify and scope data aggregations that facilitate analysis of most common customer behavioral questions.
- Partnering with our Data Engineering team to enhance data infrastructure, data availability, and broad access to customer insights made available through Tableau.
- Join large and growing BI/Data Science team to leverage extensive music listening data to better understand customers and contribute to product and marketing strategy.
- Defining and developing tests to identify the best way to reach, convert, and retain customers.
- Reporting to senior leadership and the team at large, on customer, product and marketing insights and trends.
- Proactively developing new metrics and studies to quantify customer behavior.
- Combining online web customer behavior and offline customer attributes to gain novel and powerful understanding of Digital Music customers.
- Quickly build a thorough understanding of the Digital Music industry, its seasonality and global business trends and continually monitor the impact of important industry developments.
- Work closely with finance team to conduct business and financial analysis, including forecasting and monitoring of key business activity.
- BS degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Econometrics, or other quantitative field
- 3+ years of professional experience in web analytics, business analysis or comparable analytics position
- Highly skilled at querying relational databases () and ability to pull data from various sources
- Experience with analytic tools such as R, SAS, SPSS, etc.
- In-depth experience with web analytics tools and analyzing online customer behavior
- Strong critical thinking skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide audience, including senior executives, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable analyses
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, or other quantitative field
- Proven experience in BI/DW as a change leader providing strategic research, recommendations, and implementation in both business and technical roles
- Experience with or other relevant scripting language
- Experience with relational database design and architecture
- Music industry experience
- A passion for music!
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Amazon is guided by four principles: customer obsession rather than competitor focus, passion for invention, commitment to operational excellence, and long-term thinking. We are driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that change lives. We embrace new ways of doing things, make decisions quickly, and are not afraid to fail. We have the scope and capabilities of a large company, and the spirit and heart of a small one. Together, Amazonians research and develop new technologies from Amazon Web Services to Alexa on behalf of our customers: shoppers, sellers, content creators, and developers around the world. Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Our actions, goals, projects, programs, and inventions begin and end with the customer top of mind. You'll also hear us say that at Amazon, it's always "Day 1." What do we mean? That our approach remains the same as it was on Amazon's very first day - to make smart, fast decisions, stay nimble, invent, and focus on delighting our customers.