- Position: Accounting Manager
- Location: Nashville, TN or New York, NY
- Create and enter journal entries into accounting system, including payroll, T&E, and other operating expenses in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process vendor invoices.
- Prepare bank and account reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process expense reports in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Assist with month-end close; review and prepare accrual entries.
- Prepare schedules for third party auditors and tax accountants.
- Provide actual vs. budget variance explanations.
- Review royalty statements and analyze music catalog performance.
- Assist in developing documented procedures for the accounting department.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting work experience
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a recognized firm or company, Big 4 experience preferred
- Experience in the music/entertainment industry preferred
- Previously held a Senior Accounting role with complete understanding of the general ledger
- Ability to work in a growing company with a small accounting team
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Proactive problem-solving skills and resourcefulness
- Organized and disciplined with excellent communication skills
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Ability to function in a demanding environment with tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint products
- QuickBooks experience a plus
- Expensify system experience a plus
- Music royalty and systems experience a plus
Benefits & Perks
How to apply
Applications via LinkedIn only. Please choose the applicable job posting for you: - New York, NY: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3765445640 - Nashville, TN: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3765449380
Discover more jobs
Gold State Music (GSM) is a private investment firm focused on investing in the music sector. Our funds are focused primarily on investing in music rights (music publishing and recorded music rights) as well as in enterprises in need of growth and expansion capital. GSM was founded in 2022 by Charles Goldstuck, and currently has offices in New York, NY and Lake Nona, FL (Orlando). Our funds are expected to deploy a total of $500 million through the first fund cycle. We have an experienced team comprised of industry professionals who are deeply rooted in the music ecosystem.