A&R Executive (1 year contract)
- Identify and meet potential musical talents to sign up for the company
- Research and develop song materials for artists roster
- Work closely with the Artists, local producers, arrangers, musicians and even coordination with the recording studios for production of materials
- Apply with publishers for copyright materials and application for its licenses prior to production.
- Work with marketing and sales people to ensure that contents are delivered and fulfilled within the agreed timelines.
- Keep track of all recording expenses and ensure compliance within the approved budgets, timely submission of all bills and invoices to Finance for payment processing
- Prepare and coordinate with Finance for the execution of Artists/Songwriters - Agreement upon acquisition of Artists.
- Manage Artist relations including their Bookings and scheduling,
- Develop and compile Artist images, profiles and presentations.
- Coordinate and execute artist sponsorship & endorsement deals
- Handle the business, creative & technical side of tours & engagements
- Assist in all domestic operations, from track/album inceptions to production, sales and promotions.
- Collaborate with Commercial and Marketing teams to discuss and decide how and when to promote artists and develops marketing strategies to promote their tracks and albums.
- Analyses market trends to select and emphasizes certain releases
- Develops and executes marketing budgets.
- Understanding of the music business is a must.
- Preferably from either artist management, music production or events background
- Solid understanding of the music business (current and future trends)
- Results driven and can deliver under pressure
- Detail oriented, systematic and efficient
- Ability to identify potential talents that can be of value to the company
- Confident communication skills
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Universal Music Group
Discover more jobs
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans. Universal Music Group's labels include A&M Records, Astralwerks, Blue Note Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Capitol Records, Capitol Records Nashville, Caroline, Decca, Def Jam Recordings, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy, EMI Records Nashville, Fonovisa, Geffen Records, Harvest, Interscope Records, Island Records, Machete Music, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Motown Records, Polydor Records, Republic Records, Universal Music Latino, Verve Label Group, Virgin Records, Virgin EMI Records, as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world. UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.