Sr. Manager, Creative Planning
- Lead creative strategy and planning to drive artist and Rights Owner eCommerce goals.
- Develop rich storytelling through product strategy, development and design that will serve as the cornerstone for further campaign creative.
- Act as creative lead across product launches and accompanying eCommerce activations, ensuring the artist’s narrative is fully represented throughout the end-to-end customer experience.
- Communicate directly with the labels and artist teams alongside cross-functional team members to sell through product strategies.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across eCommerce, label groups, and the wider UMG organization.
- Work closely with label creative and other creative resources—artist team members, freelance designers, merchandise companies, etc.—to bring artist brand and campaign narratives to life across product, site experience, and content.
- Work with the eCommerce Experience and Site Merchandising team to leverage historic and audience data to inform creative strategy and output.
- Work hand in hand with teammates across Artist Engagement, eCommerce Experience and Site Merchandising, Store Management, Operations & Customer Service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and UMG artists.
- 3-5 years experience managing creative and/or eCommerce campaigns from ideation to execution, preferably in music or fashion/retail.
- Established track record of selling through creative concepts and strategies to clients.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Exceptional verbal and written abilities — communication and presentation skills are essential (both internally and externally).
- Working knowledge of product sourcing and production (inclusive of music product / box sets).
- Deep understanding of what goes into our work and this role, including:
- Music fandom and the fan to artist connection.
- Brand differentiation across artists and music genres.
- eCommerce, specifically trends and best practices as they apply to the fan to artist relationship.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to stay flexible, calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines amidst changing client needs.
- Self-starter attitude, capable of owning important responsibilities from inception to completion.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make decisions informed by data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS required.
- Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business, fashion/retail, marketing, creative, or a related field.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Wellness Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Universal Music Group
Discover more jobs
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans. Universal Music Group's labels include A&M Records, Astralwerks, Blue Note Records, Capitol Christian Music Group, Capitol Records, Capitol Records Nashville, Caroline, Decca, Def Jam Recordings, Deutsche Grammophon, Disa, Emarcy, EMI Records Nashville, Fonovisa, Geffen Records, Harvest, Interscope Records, Island Records, Machete Music, MCA Nashville, Mercury Nashville, Mercury Records, Motown Records, Polydor Records, Republic Records, Universal Music Latino, Verve Label Group, Virgin Records, Virgin EMI Records, as well as a multitude of record labels owned or distributed by its record company subsidiaries around the world. UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.