- We are looking for an experienced sound engineer to work with a primary focus on ABC Classic and ABC Jazz. You have an ear for music and can work productively with producers and presenters to create amazing sound. As part of the broadcast team your role will include;
- Recording and engineering music and other sound recordings, live broadcasts and other program segments, primarily for ABC Classic, ABC Jazz and their online platforms.
- Assisting with overall station operation, production and program quality to enhance station output.
- Providing a helpful and collegial contact point for operational problem solving.
- You are an experienced sound engineer with an understanding of digital audio recording, mixing, production and sound recording principles related to Classical Music. You will have experience setting up and recording both in studio and for Outside Broadcasts and know all the associated WH&S practices and protocols. You will also bring;
- Creativity and inventiveness with an ability to find creative sound solutions during and postproduction.
- Decisiveness - keeping the broadcasting moving forward at the right pace.
- Collaborative work style and an open to working constructively and positively with producers and talent.
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC)
Discover more jobs
As the nation’s independent public broadcaster, the ABC is proud to be the source of Australian conversations, culture and stories. The ABC produces quality, distinctive, award-winning content that informs, educates and entertains audiences from across Australia and the world. Over 70% of Australians watch, read or listen to the ABC each week. The ABC has 56 Australian and 11 international locations and is the largest creative employer in the southern hemisphere. It maintains Australia’s largest daily investigative news team, has one of the world’s largest dedicated rural reporting teams and is recognised as Australia’s pre-eminent source of independent news and current affairs. The ABC is also known for its distinctive drama, and as the creator and broadcaster of innovative Australian comedy. ABC content is freely available in Australia and is made accessible across television, radio, podcasts, apps, and the web. These platforms and services include national radio networks (RN, triple j, ABC Classic), regional local radio (available from 48 regional locations), digital radio services, four television channels, ABC iview, and numerous websites and mobile apps. By ensuring audiences can easily experience ABC content, the ABC shares Australian stories with the nation and the world. The ABC is yours, now and into the future.