Site Assistant, YOLA
- Assist with daily operations, including schedule changes, ensemble rehearsals and musician sign in/sign out
- Prepare all materials and items needed to run programming
- Assist in setting up and breaking down all rooms and spaces each day for programming
- Supervise musicians and ensure that the program schedule is followed; lead during pivotal transition points during programming time
- Support musicians and teaching artists with any materials needed for rehearsals or performances
- Assist with the recruitment process, maintaining student information and preparing materials needed for recruitment events and other related items
- Assist with the creation of schedules, databases/lists, production and event running orders
- Support the implementation of evaluation processes, particularly related to curriculum
- Assist with data entry for the site and maintenance of attendance records for musicians
- Maintain daily input of all data systems as applicable
- Work directly with Instrument Coordinators, Music Librarians, and other YOLA staff to maintain inventory for the site and ensure accuracy
- Assist with the distribution, collection and organizing of information related to evaluations and site program surveys
- Support the YOLA team in distributing communication to families regarding events, performances or outside opportunities.
- Preparing and proofreading communication pieces including presentations, newsletters, talking points, information for web and social media, and marketing pieces
- Assisting YOLA/Learning staff as needed, supporting company-wide educational and community initiatives and related communications, pre-concert and concert duty, etc.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Be an active and participatory member of the Learning/YOLA team.
- Attend meetings related to events and projects you are tasked with and actively communicating conflicts and preparing for any meetings that cannot be attended
- Complete various tasks within established time frames.
- Ability to work with multiple priorities that may need swift reorganization.
- Strong independent work and proactively identify and assess effective methods of work operation.
- Excellent communication skills, with attention to detail, a strong sense of empathy and a proactive nature.
- Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive situations with excellent judgment and discretion.
- Maintain professionalism in all instances and embrace serving as a representative of YOLA and the LA Phil
- Interact with stakeholders of the YOLA community, including but not limited to administrators, partners, teaching artists, alumni, parents, and young musicians.
How to apply
Apply via link
Los Angeles Philharmonic
Discover more jobs
**Overview** The LA Phil presents an inspiring array of music from all genres at two of L.A.’s iconic venues- Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl- to audiences of all ages and economic backgrounds. With the preeminent Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra at the foundation of its offerings, the LA Phil aims to enrich and transform lives through music, with a robust mix of artistic, education and community programs. The Los Angeles Philharmonic is praised as one of the world's top orchestras, renowned for its innovative spirit, the virtuosity of its musicians, and its dynamic Music Director, Gustavo Dudamel. Founded in 1919, the Philharmonic has grown steadily in stature, developing close bonds with such major music directors as Zubin Mehta, Carlo Maria Giulini and Esa-Pekka Salonen. In every case, that deep connection has helped define the direction and spirit of the orchestra and of the entire organization.