Licensing Manager, South East Asia
- Responsible to help implement the commercial strategy for the Label Business Affairs team in SEA regions
- You will initiate, negotiate and close key license deals with record labels and aggregators across markets in SEA
- You will be the point of interface for rights holders for the SEA region
- Work closely with the Spotify legal team to execute contracts with new label partners.
- You will provide support to the wider commercial and legal licensing teams on broader commercial initiatives and strategic planning
- You will collaborate closely with global rights & clearances teams to provide support to the JAPAC region
- You will work cross-functionally daily with internal teams including Legal, Finance, Operations and Accounting; and extensively use internal tools and dashboards to help set strategy, optimize deal flows and implement deal terms
- A highly motivated individual and independent worker with a validated experience of 3+ years, with a record label or digital service
- You have knowledge of the digital music landscape; key partners, business models, market dynamics and opportunities
- You will have experience in building and maintaining relationships with digital services or music rights holders (labels, publishers, collecting societies) in the region as part of a record label or digital service provider
- You will have contacts at record labels in South East Asia, and understand the digital sales, marketing and operational needs of these companies
- You have Strong Excel skills with the ability to analyze complex data, build and explain financial models
- You enjoy working in a fast paced environment and have the ability to adapt your role as the business grows and needs change
- You are able to craft and deliver presentations to senior executives
- You are well organized with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
- You enjoy working in a multifaceted and international team, collaborating closely with a number of internal partners
- You have at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- You are fluent in both written and spoken English. Proficiency in Chinese language (Traditional / Simplified / Business etc) is a plus
- You are willing to travel locally and internationally as frequently as needed
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Discover more jobs
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 50m tracks for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, and an ad-free music listening experience. Today, Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming service with 345m users, including 155m subscribers across 101 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.