Junior Software Developer, Music Notation (Sibelius)
- You are an engineer with a passion for music?
- Interested in joining a professional, fun and dedicated engineering team to work on music notation software?
- We're looking for YOU!
- Design, build, and maintain efficient backend services supporting Sibelius and Avid audio product line.
- Identify and develop new ways of applying the considerable institutional knowledge of music, music notation and audio found in the Sibelius C++ code base in new ways in a cloud-based environment.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop new features for Sibelius, our music notation and composition software.
- Work effectively in a multi-tasking and highly dynamic environment.
- Interface with other departments, such as product management, architecture and engineering to improve the overall software development process and quality of our Sibelius software.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience of Object-Oriented design and development in C++ (PC-Visual Studio, or Mac)
- Ability to work with large and complex applications involving the writing of significant new code, as well as legacy code refactoring.
- Ability to work in a multi-site distributed team and on a cross-platform development environment using Agile methodology
- Video, Graphics and image processing expertise
- Knowledge of CPU SIMD, GPU or Open GL optimization techniques is an asset
- Creative and innovative mindset
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and communications skills, English language skills, written and verbal
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently
- Experience refactoring in a large legacy code base
- Notation, MIDI and/or audio programming experience
- Experience with Agile Development
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
We help media visionaries create art that colors our perceptions and enriches our culture. We make innovative technology and collaborative tools that inspire and spark joy so creators can entertain, inform, educate and enlighten the world. We believe in our artists. We believe in our industry leaders. And we believe in the future of entertainment. We have a rich, 30-year history of powering media and entertainment. But we know our history doesn’t determine our future, so we are always evolving, committed to making good better and better best. We make many products, but we only do one thing: maximize the mediums of amazing makers. At Avid, every minute, of every day, we are powering greater creators.