Junior A&R Manager
- You will scout and sign talented artists making waves on a global scale;
- You will maintain existing relationships with artists and nurture/develop your own acts;
- You will actively search for artists, writers, producers, toplines, remixers and other specialized talent able to contribute or add to the quality of our releases and our repertoire;
- You will match the right people by making perfect use of your connections within the music industry;
- You will visit performances, showcases, club nights and similar events to discover new talent and maintain existing relationships;
- You will chase information and details to pass on to our Legal department;
- You will create and oversee release plans made in tandem with the assigned Product Manager (and the PR, Creative and Digital teams);
- You will use your knowledge of dance music to help releases realize their potential;
- You will assist the Product team in developing marketing assets, strategies, marketing plans and campaigns.
- You are extremely passionate about dance music;
- You have at least three to five years of qualifying work experience in a similar role;
- You know all there is to know about dance music and Armada Music, and you are extremely knowledgeable about the discographies of relevant artists and catalogs from many other labels worldwide
- You know all about the main music distribution partners (from physical distribution to digital distribution and streaming);
- You know how record labels operate, especially in terms of product marketing, business occasions, A&R administration and more;
- You’re able to cope with pressure and changing deadlines extremely well; you’re able to keep your head straight while working on multiple projects at the same time;
- You’re the boss when it comes to negotiating deals;
- You love working in tandem with all of the company’s different departments to get results fast;
- You have a broad musical taste and are well-known with dance music’s many different sub genres;
- You are resourceful, creative and you live and breathe dance music;
- You are a team player;
- You currently live in or near New York City.
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Discover more jobs
Armada Music is the biggest independent dance music label in the world, founded in 2003 by Armin van Buuren, Maykel Piron and David Lewis (AR-MA-DA). A six-time winner of the IDMA for ‘Best Global Label’, Armada Music boasts the globe’s biggest dance music catalog of over 40.000 titles and a mouth-watering artist roster. Promoting dance music all over the world from its offices in Amsterdam (HQ), New York and London, Armada Music represents and cultivates the creative exploits of some of the biggest players in the electronic music game, including Andrew Rayel, Armin van Buuren, ARTY, Brando, Cat Dealers, Ferry Corsten, Loud Luxury, Morgan Page, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano and Tensnake. Through this star-studded dance music army, Armada Music collects over 500 million streams per month, secures weekly airplay on the biggest nation-wide broadcasting stations (such as BBC Radio 1 and Sirius XM), and frequents the top spots of the U.S. Mediabase Dance Airplay charts. Continually bringing out the best in its artists has led to various high-magnitude achievements, including Armin van Buuren’s Grammy nomination for ‘This Is What It Feels Like’, Lost Frequencies’ Diamond Award for exceeding the mark of one billion streams on Spotify and the huge success of Loud Luxury and Brando in the U.S. and beyond. A global brand outfitted with the esteemed ‘Armada Invites’ events, state-of-the-art, in-office facilities (The Club!, the radio studio and two production studios), producer platform Armada University and over 1 million followers across its biggest playlists, Armada Music can look back on many wondrous years while pulling out all the stops to ensure plenty more.