Internship Program Manager
- Facilitates the interview and selection process for each semester’s intern cohort (3 times annually).
- Leads orientation and training sessions for interns to familiarize them with the organization, our programs, the studios’ operations and set clear expectations.
- Organizes and facilitates professional development, networking and shadowing opportunities with WAM’s corporate partners.
- Provides daily oversight and management of interns.
- Oversees day-to-day scheduling of interns and their responsibilities, including supporting Girls on the Mic and adult classes, studio sessions, studio maintenance, program admin, event support, and other tasks.
- Coordinates regularly with WAM staff on projects in need of support and provides supervision of interns to ensure timely and effective completion.
- Provides soft skills and basic technical training and feedback (communications, professional protocols, basic audio skills, resumes, etc.) to interns.
- Acts as point of contact for WAM’s Internship Program graduates, engaging them as volunteers, mentors, and for special professional development opportunities.
- Implements and maintains an effective database to track interns internally and after graduation.
- Acts as a liaison to companies, studios, venues, etc. that seek to hire WAM’s graduates or interns.
- Searches company websites and other job boards for possible audio opportunities and disseminates to current and past interns and students.
- Keeps WAM’s job board current and populated with opportunities.
- Coordinates incoming career opportunities and provides support to Director of Education in finding interns (past and present) with matching skill sets.
- Follows up with companies to get feedback on recent placements.
- Maintains placement data in intern database.
- Works to increase engagement of WAM’s intern graduates and members through regular communication and events.
- Attends, hosts and/or facilitates events for members and intern graduates.
- Manages member relationships and follows up on lapsed memberships, working with WAM’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Manages online community forum(s), including Facebook groups, job board, and future Slack, Discord, etc. channels to build network and resources available for members and intern graduates.
- Provides coordination and production support for events on and offsite as needed, including conferences, performances, studio events, and others.
- Oversees intern scheduling and tasks related to conferences and events.
- At least 3 years of program coordination experience, including scheduling, managing youth and/or emerging professionals, volunteers, and/or other staff (required)
- Experience leading and administering classes and events
- Educational background and/or equivalent experience in audio technology (required)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (required)
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Benefits & Perks
How to apply
Apply via Link
Women's Audio Mission
Discover more jobs
Women's Audio Mission (WAM) is a San Francisco and Oakland-based nonprofit organization that has been working at the intersection of music, media and technology since 2003. We inspire 4,000+ girls, women and gender non-conforming (GNC) individuals per year (96% low income, 91% people of color) to use technology to amplify their voices by creating music and media. WAM provides free training, dedicated artist mentors, education and career counseling, job placement, and access to the only recording studios in the world built and run entirely by women and GNC individuals. WAM addresses and challenges the extreme gender gap in the tech and pro audio sectors.