NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain, and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Do you love pop culture and entertainment news? What about trends, viral videos, and social media? Access Hollywood is looking for a Field Producer to deliver and execute creative content around a variety of topics including entertainment news, human interest, and even celebrity features. Reporting to the Executive Producer and Supervising Producers, as well as working closely with our Production teams, this role will be responsible for the execution of daily editorial content covering an array of topics in a variety of forms, from breaking news to red carpets to oversight and execution of package pieces.
This position will crash day of air pieces and breaking news, so writing, edit, and strong storytelling skills are a must. This position will produce in the field and at offsite interviews when needed, source and advance news stories, and work well within a team environment. Must be comfortable developing ideas that work across all media including on air, digital, and social media.
- Oversee creative segments under the direction of the EP, Co-EP, and Supervising Producer as well as work closely with Production team members to ensure budget expectations are met, staffing needs are communicated, and post/deliverables are executed on time
- Be a one-man band when necessary, crashing day of air pieces for broadcast with quick turnarounds
- Contribute towards building the brand identity by being able to take information and create engaging and interactive formats in which the viewer can participate
- Write scripts and execute story telling visually through the selection of appropriate still and video images within budget and time parameters and while maintaining factual accuracy
- Attend junkets, premiers and other outside events include award shows to execute news coverage
- Must demonstrate pop culture passion, entertainment news authority and active participation and awareness of the importance of social media to the entertainment news genre
- Work directly with talent, ensuring proper communication on site in regards to segment expectations and goals through research and consistent updates
- Oversee content from conceptualization through the various stages of execution, to include: Research/ Writing/ Producing/ Post and Voiceover direction.
- Identify and pitch story opportunities, finding the unique story angle while maintaining factual accuracy
- Basic knowledge of editing desired, but willingness to learn is sufficient, with expectation that material can be delivered from producer directly to studio when necessary
- Book guests and human-interest stories as necessary and in conjunction with talent bookers
- Diligent about production paperwork including shoot reports and music reporting, legal guidelines, journalistic standards, and adhering to the on-air working practices.
- Flexibility in role within the team and within the company, including working across multiple formats and departments as needed
- Strong communicator who can work closely with team members and talent, take and deliver feedback constructively, and contribute to an environment of communication and accountability
- Offer a range of creative paths, where appropriate, as part of the creative development process
- Creatively ambitious, willing to take risks and have fun.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in a similar role within a television broadcast, news station, or network
- Experience with iNews or ENPS delivery systems preferred
- Must have ability to work flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings, due to news and breaking news cycle and event coverage as needed
- Interested candidates must submit a resume for this job online to be considered
- Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
- Must have work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- A passion for television in general and entertainment news in particular. Awareness of trends, viral videos, and breaking news across all social media platforms
- Strong knowledge and understanding of production
- Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and multitask a wide range of responsibilities
- Creative thinker with the skills and imagination to produce content that engages viewers including games, transformations, and stories about real people
- A clear understanding of current trends in the industry, social media, OTT, etc.
- Ability to write strong and distinctive copy.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines within a prescribed budget.
- Good interpersonal skills, both in contributing to the creative team as well as in representing the department throughout the company.
- Demonstrated ability to think clearly and quickly under pressure
Benefits & Perks
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of four days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of four days per week.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $90,000-$135,000 -$135,000
How to apply
Apply via link
NBCUniversal Media, LLC
Discover more jobs
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.