Digital Support Engineer
- Responsible for liaison between the customer, development team and any third party regarding business requirements and software functionality. For any requests, incidents and problems that are raised.
- Ensure that internal and Managed Service Provider (MSP) workload is managed and that we meet any targets with regards to incidents, releases, problems and requests.
- Responsible for the daily monitoring of key digital applications
- Liase with MSP and other vendors support teams and monitor their performance
- Training team members as appropriate and end users as per business requirements
- Delivers the initial analysis (triage), interpretation and outline of requirements that lead to the resolution of new incidents, problems and requests.
- Maintains an awareness and understanding of application architectures and environments within their area of technical expertise.
- Documents and maintains internal processes for technical application support and management
- Contributes to assess quality of services and support processes of MSP. Including regular reviews
- Liaises with colleagues to translate requirements into functional specifications and detailed test plans where necessary.
- Responsible for progress reporting including milestones, status, resource requirements, issues, risks and dependencies for all support activities.
- IT representative for all service delivery matters for their area, preparing relevant information to support work within the team.
- Knowledge of Incident, Problem & Change Management and Service Delivery Industry best practice.
- Experience in dealing with 3rd parties providers and MSPs
- Experience of bespoke and customised IT systems is essential.
- Evidence of analysing and documenting business processes and systems.
- In depth understanding of the principles, methods, techniques and tools of change process management and their relationship to project management and business improvement.
- Good understanding of systems and ability to assimilate and interpret advice from technical specialists and third parties.
- A sound understanding of the software development lifecycle is essential.
- Demonstrable skills and proficient in writing/modifying SQL scripts.
- Demonstrable skills in working with Web APIs.
- Experience of implementation and usage of Monitoring systems like Azure Monitor / App insights or Splunk an advantage.
- Working knowledge of web site related technologies, including web servers/hosting, internet protocols and other standards (e.g. FTP, SFTP etc.).
- Exposure to agile best practices (SCRUM).
- CMS experience, Ideally SiteCore and Headless CMS technologies.
- Desirable Cloud and network awareness with knowledge of Azure, Load Balancers, Proxy Servers, DNS and WAFs.
- Knowledge of the basics of DevOps practices would be an advantage.
- Exposure to C#.NET, MVC, RESTful WebApis an advantage
- Any project management qualification would be desirable.
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
PRS for Music
Discover more jobs
PRS for Music represents the rights of songwriters, composers and music publishers in the UK and around the world. As a membership organisation it works to ensure that creators are paid whenever their musical compositions and songs are streamed, downloaded, broadcast, performed and played in public. In 2021, 27 trillion performances of music were reported to PRS for Music with £677.2m paid out in royalties to its members, making it one of the world’s leading music collective management organisations. PRS for Music’s public performance licensing is now carried out on PRS for Music’s behalf by PPL PRS Ltd, the new joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music. **Our purpose** To grow and protect the value of music rights entrusted to us. **Our code** To fairly and accuratley distribute royalties with market-leading transparency and efficiency. **Our vision** To provide world-leading music rights management services for our rightsholders and music users delivering: