Content and Social Media Manager
- Continue to evolve PPL’s social media strategy to support the company’s business objectives and marketing and communications plans.
- Manage social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube), creating and posting branded content (including graphics and videos) on social channels and ensuring that all content is on-brand and consistent in tone of voice, style and quality.
- Undertake analysis and reporting on social content, using data to drive performance, constantly evaluating and testing our approach.
- Produce a wide range of print, digital, audio and audio-visual assets to support press announcements, business campaigns, event marketing, print and digital advertising campaigns, and third party partnerships.
- Using established design templates and brand guidelines, rework designs to produce PPL corporate collateral including PowerPoint presentations, marketing materials, merchandise, infographics, adverts, and web content.
- Manage PPL’s website ensuring content is up-to-date and there is a high quality of consistency and standards for the website and other digital communications.
- Support the creation, design and delivery of a monthly member newsletter.
- Curate, commission and create SEO-savvy web copy and adapt written information to a digestible format to be used online and via social media channels.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of creating and managing a wide range of content, including videos, infographics and imagery
- Experience in using Wordpress, plus basic knowledge of HTML & CSS coding ability and understanding of CMS systems, SEO and SEM
- Experience of web and other analytics and interpreting data to effect change
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and ability to produce graphics for both online and print
- Experience in using Marketing Cloud or similar mailing software
- Experience in Microsoft Office software
- Good analytical and research skills, including the ability to summarise complex information clearly and concisely
- Knowledge of the music industry and a passion for music
Benefits & Perks
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Founded in 1934, PPL is the UK music industry’s collective management organisation (CMO) for over 135,000 performers and record companies. We license recorded music in the UK when it is played in public (shops, bars, nightclubs, offices etc.) or broadcast (BBC, commercial radio, commercial TV etc.) and ensure that revenue flows back to our members. These include both independent and major record companies, together with performers ranging from emerging grassroots artists through to established session musicians and globally renowned artists. PPL’s public performance licensing is carried out on PPL’s behalf by PPL PRS Ltd, the joint venture between PPL and PRS for Music. We also collect performance rights internationally when music is played overseas in public and used on TV, radio and some online streaming services, as well as for private copying. International royalties are an increasingly important revenue stream for performers and recording rightsholders.