Associate Publicist - Entertainment / Music Industry
- Develop, implement and execute publicity campaigns for clients.
- Write and proof press releases, pitch letter bios, and assist in copywriting and editing.
- Pitching, which includes outreach for features, column items, and national TV and Radio appearances
- Media Research and investigating potential client opportunities.
- Manage or co-manage client's media blitzes, including pitching media, scheduling, compiling blitz itineraries, and communicating set schedules with clients.
- Manage day-to-day department functions, including upkeep of client’s press materials, updating the department calendar, campaign planning, etc.
- Other duties as needed when assigned by supervisor.
- Assist with media events, as needed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism, is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years marketing experience in public relations, promotional planning, and implementation required
- Experience implementing PR campaigns and securing media coverage in a variety of outlet types preferred
- Social media background preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills (AP-style) with high attention to detail required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with differing deadlines required
- Must be an independent and strategic thinker who is a strong team player and willing to take responsibility for project oversight.
- Must demonstrate an ability to cultivate and nurture relationships with members of the media. Knowledge of the music industry and strong relationships with key contacts in the press (not required, but is a plus).
- Self-motivated & proactive minded
- Proficiency using Apple products, Microsoft Office, Gmail, CisionPoint, MyEmma, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
- Writing samples required
How to apply
Apply via link
The AristoMedia Group
Discover more jobs
In a business where longevity is often measured in weeks instead of years, The AristoMedia Group stands out. Setting up shop in the attic of his home in 1980, Jeff Walker established Aristo Music Associates, Inc. Now, nearly three decades later, the firm's successful track record is embodied in the many gold and platinum albums lining the office walls. The AristoMedia Group encompasses a broad range of services dedicated to offering the entertainment industry innovative integrated marketing strategies. AristoMedia's distinct advantage is housing entertainment publicity and PR, digital marketing, video marketing, radio promotion, club marketing and consulting under one roof. The AristoMedia Group epitomizes synergy. Together, the divisions combine talents to maximize client exposure through digital, print, radio, television, online and video outlets.