Associate Director, Business Affairs - Studio Content/Live Audio
- You will structure and negotiate content development, production, licensing, partnership, talent,
- and similar types of deals with a focus on live audio content, among others.
- You will collaborate with various Spotify content and business teams on content strategy,
- financial analyses, product, initiatives, and other experiences designed to evolve and grow
- Spotify’s content offerings.
- You will work closely with internal teams including Creative, New Content Initiatives,
- Partnerships, Finance, Strategy and Insights, Ad Sales, Marketing, and Legal.
- You will maintain awareness of recent developments in the law, technology, and industry as they
- relate to our live and content businesses.
- You have received your BS/BA (JD is a plus) and have 8+ years of content/digital
- media/entertainment industry business affairs experience, structuring and negotiating high-value
- talent, production, and licensing deals. Business/legal affairs experience with respect to
- live/interactive audio/video programming/platforms is a plus.
- You have experience liaising with rights holders/service providers (including creators, production
- companies, and other talent) and their representatives (talent agencies, lawyers, and managers).
- You are expert in legal and business issues relating to the production and distribution of audio or
- audiovisual content.
- You are highly self-motivated and thrive in high-growth, high-paced, and innovative business
- You have excellent communication, persuasion, and interpersonal skills and work well in business
- environments with multiple stakeholders. You are a relationship- and team-builder.
- You are able to manage and deliver on multiple projects and priorities under deadlines and time
- You are highly adaptable and open to growth and/or shifts in your role as the business grows and
- You are organized and have great attention to detail, while being able to see the forest for the
- You have a business/strategy-oriented mindset.
- You are ideally proficient with the Google Suite.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. Spotify transformed music listening forever when it launched in Sweden in 2008. Discover, manage and share over 50m tracks for free, or upgrade to Spotify Premium to access exclusive features including offline mode, improved sound quality, and an ad-free music listening experience. Today, Spotify is the most popular global audio streaming service with 345m users, including 155m subscribers across 101 markets. We are the largest driver of revenue to the music business today.