Anime Localization Production Assistant
- Under the supervision of localization producers, the candidate will perform the following duties:
- Translate text from Japanese to English
- Check translation accuracy between Japanese and English
- Check English subtitles (example: TV episodes, movies, trailers, etc.)
- QC Blu-ray, DVD and other media
- Check packaging materials including text, design, layout, proof, etc.
- Assist with tracking localization progress and schedule
- Track inventory and weekly order numbers
- Track shipping, receiving between manufacturing and distribution companies
- Update multiple lists and distribute to employees
- Create POs
- Create Titlecards
- Other daily tasks including FedEx shipping, HDD log-sheet etc.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in office environments
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant localization experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields or equivalent skills and knowledge
- Must be bilingual (English and Japanese)
- Must have strong writing, reading and communication skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Be able to work in fast-paced environments, under pressure of heavy workloads and tight deadlines
- Must be a team player
- Be self-motivated, self-starter, energetic and creative
- A strong enthusiasm for entertainment, including Anime, Japanese pop-culture etc. preferred
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Sony’s purpose is simple. We aim to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology. We want to be responsible for getting hearts racing, stirring ambition, and putting a smile on the faces of our customers. That challenge, combined with our spirit of innovation, motivates us to create groundbreaking technology, entertainment, and services for people worldwide. Our history as a global brand has been built around employees that all have a passion for touching peoples' lives, and pride in pushing beyond the status quo to produce truly extraordinary results. We’re uniquely positioned because we operate in many different industries - from movies and music to video games and electronics. And, with offices around the globe, we benefit from a global workforce that learns and grows together through mutual respect. If you're ready to join a diverse team at an innovation-led company with the power to change lives, then we encourage you to read up on the different Sony group companies and check out our Life page. Then, get in touch, and together, let’s make the world say wow.