User Experience Researcher
- Think strategically: Explore opportunities for our artists, generate product and services ideas on our most strategically important initiatives. Through insights, independently identify knowledge gaps and define new research opportunities that will have the greatest impact on our users and our business.
- Lean into your craft: Design and conduct primarily generative user and market research. You’ll use qualitative (field research, diary studies, etc) and quantitative methods (surveys, analysis, etc). You will oversee recurring projects, like NPS tracking and vendor-run usability studies. You operate independently with minimal need for supervision.
- Collaborate cross-functionally: Collaborate closely with Design, Product, Data Science, Engineering, and Marketing teams. Participate in the product design process to ensure the needs of UnitedMasters artists are accurately reflected in the end product.
- Drive action and impact: Uncovering insights are just the first step. You will synthesize and communicate research findings to shape designs and inform the product roadmap. The bulk of the job will be connecting your insights to our business goals, and developing clear action plans for the product and business strategy.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Experience with mixed user and market research methods methods - both qualitative and quantitative - with a focus on research affecting strategy
- End-to-end experience with the full research lifecycle (study design, methodology selection, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, actioning).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate research findings and recommendations clearly, concisely and persuasively to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong bias for impact. You not only uncover the insights, but you drive action with those findings across parts of the business
- Curiosity, empathy and a desire to empower artists to make money doing what they love
- Experience working cross functionally, managing internal stakeholders and external vendors
- You have any experience in the music or entertainment industry
- Experience working in an ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- MBA, MS or Ph.D. Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience in a product-centric environment
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
UnitedMasters is a new music industry alternative that provides independent artists with premium music distribution services, a suite of tools to help them directly connect with fans, and opportunities for unique partnerships with some of the world’s biggest brands including the NBA, Bose, and iHeart. UnitedMasters allows artists to easily distribute their music to all major streaming services. Distributed artists become eligible to participate in a variety of advertisements, brand partnerships and other promotions that earn them money and bring in new fans. UnitedMasters also provides artists access to their streaming and social data so they can gain insight into how to maximize fan engagement. The most promising artists on the platform unlock access to a bespoke suite of promotional services like playlist pitching, marketing, PR, and promotion. UnitedMasters aims to give artists the tools to operationalize their independence and maximize their creative and economic potential. UnitedMasters was launched in 2017 by Translation founder and music industry veteran Steve Stoute with a $70 million Series A led by Google’s corporate umbrella Alphabet alongside prestigious venture firm Andreessen Horowitz and entertainment giant 21st Century Fox. Led by a team of executives, marketers, engineers, and storytellers with backgrounds from YouTube, Soundcloud, Pandora, Instagram, Dropbox, Complex, and Vice, the platform positions talent for mainstream impact while allowing them to maintain full ownership over their master recording rights.