User Experience Researcher
- Conduct expert interviews, contextual inquiries, field study, surveys, and other qualitative and quantitative research to gain a better understanding of our audience in order to identify opportunities to improve the end user experience.
- Collaborate with UX lead to develop research and test plans which translate research goals into questions.
- Recruit qualified participants, coordinate tests/research, transcribe interviews, synthesize data, conduct analysis, and generate reports.
- Define user interaction and user interfaces through user-flows, information architecture, sketches, and wireframes.
- Translate wireframes into sophisticated UI designs that appeal to target audiences
- Create clickable prototypes
- Create UI (user interface) style guides and UI kits as needed
- A bachelor or master’s degree in HCI (Human Computer Interaction), Design, Psychology, Human Factor
- 5+ years of professional experience working in software application technology in a UX research and/or UX design role
- A strong creative portfolio that demonstrates high-quality UX and UI work in both research and design
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including usability testing, expert interviewing, card sorting, journey mapping, surveying, and persona development.
- Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methodologies, including when and how to apply the methods needed to gain the strongest insights for a given project.
- Experience in B2B applications and platforms
- Strong verbal and written communications skills coupled with a high attention to detail.
- Expert in using industry-standard design and prototyping tools (Adobe CC, Figma, Zeplin)
- Comfort receiving constructive criticism and incorporating feedback from other team members
- Experience collaborating with multi-cultural cross-functional teams
- Positive attitude
- Ability to commute to our offices in Culver City, CA as needed at your cost
- Experience in Information Architecture is preferred
- Authorization to work in U.S.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Sony’s purpose is simple. We aim to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology. We want to be responsible for getting hearts racing, stirring ambition, and putting a smile on the faces of our customers. That challenge, combined with our spirit of innovation, motivates us to create groundbreaking technology, entertainment, and services for people worldwide. Our history as a global brand has been built around employees that all have a passion for touching peoples' lives, and pride in pushing beyond the status quo to produce truly extraordinary results. We’re uniquely positioned because we operate in many different industries - from movies and music to video games and electronics. And, with offices around the globe, we benefit from a global workforce that learns and grows together through mutual respect. If you're ready to join a diverse team at an innovation-led company with the power to change lives, then we encourage you to read up on the different Sony group companies and check out our Life page. Then, get in touch, and together, let’s make the world say wow.