Technical Program Manager, Audio I/O
- Providing leadership to drive product development projects to successful completion
- Driving Agile activities of distributed teams to ensure each project completes on-time and within agreed constraints of resources, scope, and quality
- Collaboratively developing program plans, schedules, and risk assessments
- Monitoring projects from initiation through delivery: tracking and communicating status, identifying and tracking cross-functional dependencies, identifying and driving options for mitigating risk, and driving issues to resolution
- Proactively identifying and removing impediments on behalf of the team – or guiding the team to do so on their own
- Negotiating with stakeholders when project constraints change
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external team communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information
- Working with development teams to craft well-defined user stories representing meaningful functionality
- Supporting product owners in their quest to do everything possible to delight customers
- Collaboratively working to improve software development processes
- Experience leading distributed software development teams to successfully deliver complex products on time and with high quality using Agile project development techniques
- Ability to efficiently collect and use metrics to accurately predict and anticipate project scope and team velocity
- Strong, proven ability to build relationships across team boundaries and successfully operate in a global, cross-functional organization
- Strong, proven ability to interact and be credible with peer and senior level managers
- Experience with audio software and hardware projects including software application, systems-level software, and hardware design
- Familiarity with large scale audio creation and editing workflows in areas such as audio post production, music tracking, and live sound
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal English
- Availability to participate in daily meetings with team members in time zones ranging from -7h (Western USA) to +3h (Eastern Europe)
- Solid to expert understanding of modern audio production systems and technologies
- Solid foundation in computer science and object-oriented programming principles, both in theory and in practice
- Familiarity with C++, including common libraries and tools
- Experience applying best practices to ensure product quality such as unit testing and integration testing
- Experience with embedded software/hardware products and understanding of digital electronics, particularly audio electronics
- Audio and/or video domain knowledge in areas such as digital signal processing, music technology, codecs, broadcast formats, etc.
- Experience managing assets and source control for large scale software projects
- Previous experience working as part of a multi-cultural, distributed team
Benefits & Perks
- Being part of one of the most recognized brands in the movie, music and broadcast business
- A competitive salary, bonuses and benefits (such as private medical insurance, life insurance and sport package subsidies, depending on location).
- Full employment contract.
- Flexible working hours.
- A modern work from home policy.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support.
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
We help media visionaries create art that colors our perceptions and enriches our culture. We make innovative technology and collaborative tools that inspire and spark joy so creators can entertain, inform, educate and enlighten the world. We believe in our artists. We believe in our industry leaders. And we believe in the future of entertainment. We have a rich, 30-year history of powering media and entertainment. But we know our history doesn’t determine our future, so we are always evolving, committed to making good better and better best. We make many products, but we only do one thing: maximize the mediums of amazing makers. At Avid, every minute, of every day, we are powering greater creators.