Senior Director, Latin - LA
- Creates and maintains a working knowledge of BMI’s role in the music industry, its competitive pressures, and how those matters impact BMI writers and publishers.
- Develops, sustains and manages the relationship between BMI and its affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices and royalty payments.
- Explains in detail the services BMI offers affiliates by answering affiliate inquiries about BMI policies, practices, and royalty payments.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Latin music industry executives and professionals.
- Develops relationships with up-and-coming music professionals, songwriters, artists, and tastemakers to secure future talent for BMI.
- Presents programs to industry and community groups regarding BMI.
- Facilitates the relationships between BMI affiliates and the Latin music industry by networking with industry professionals.
- Attends Latin music industry events as a representative of BMI.
- Educates the music community on the role and function of BMI.
- Acts as a liaison between Creative team members and senior management, and interacts with creative executives from other BMI offices in order to recruit and retain affiliates most desirable to BMI
- Listens to new musical works in person and as sent to BMI by affiliates, with the hope of providing information to assist the writers in marketing them within the industry.
- Analyze affiliates’ royalty income to project future earnings to support a bank loan.
- Negotiate with writers and publishers to continue their BMI affiliation and manage termination requests.
- Works with senior leaders on special projects, such as showcases, studies, and meetings, as requested.
- Regular attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supports our BMI Core Values and cultivates a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to analyze songs and music for commercial success.
- Working knowledge of the song and music process from conception to hit status.
- Working knowledge of music industry trade and professional organizations.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Spanish).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems and reports, as well as word processing and spreadsheets.
- Able to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, management, writers and publishers.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse employee population, and with all levels of staff and management.
- Able to work independently and with good judgment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Strong typing and proofreading skills.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K with employer match
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation and paid sick/personal time
- 12 paid calendar holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Summer hours that offer more time for fun in the sun
- Company paid life insurance
- Up to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance for qualified team members
- Commuter benefits (New York)
- Amazing and engaging culture
- Employee Resource Groups
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Broadcast Music, Inc.
Discover more jobs
**Overview** Celebrating over 80 years of service to songwriters, composers, music publishers and businesses, Broadcast Music, Inc.® (BMI®) is a global leader in music rights management, serving as an advocate for the value of music. BMI represents the public performance rights in over 20.6 million musical works created and owned by more than 1.3 million songwriters, composers, and music publishers. The Company negotiates music license agreements and distributes the fees it generates as royalties to its affiliated writers and publishers when their songs are performed in public. In 1939, BMI created a groundbreaking open-door policy becoming the only performing rights organization to welcome and represent the creators of blues, jazz, country, and American roots music. Today, the musical compositions in BMI’s repertoire, from chart toppers to perennial favorites, span all genres of music and are consistently among the most-performed hits of the year. For additional information and the latest BMI news, visit bmi.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @BMI or stay connected through Broadcast Music, Inc.‘s Facebook page. Sign up for BMI’s The Weekly™ and receive our e-newsletter every week to stay up to date on all things music. #MusicMovesBMI