Senior Business Analyst, Tools & Reporting
- Interview key stakeholders to reveal operational inefficiencies and uncover hidden problems beyond what is obvious
- Utilize data visualization and descriptive statistics to connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded insights for scalable and intuitive reporting
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative datasets to generate impact-driven recommendations for cross-functional partners including Product, Music, Content Programming, and Creator Partnerships.
- Own, manage and in some cases advocate business cases for the development of new tools
- Must be able to see beyond the spreadsheet and understand stakeholders’ requests and end goals in order to advise on short or long-term solutions.
- Develop automated reporting by ensuring data quality through documentation and providing quality assurance of delivered insights.
- Collaborate with both executive management and front-line employees in order to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing
- Hold oneself accountable for contribution goals and acts with a sense of urgency, embracing high-value stretch over safe goals
- Design and analyze product experiments and suggest a framework to communicate results
- Ability to use constructive and candid dialogue to influence others without relying on formal authority
- Takes a measured and thoughtful approach to difficult situations, be comfortable with ambiguity, and be able to bounce back quickly from team challenges
- Self-motivated individual with strong organizational and problem-solving skills including the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights.
- Four-year degree or equivalent in a quantitative field like statistics, economics, applied math, engineering, or other technical fields. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in data science or analytics role
- Advanced Proficiency in SQL - able to write structured and efficient queries on large data sets
- Strong Experience in statistical programming (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB)
- Preferred experience with a data visualization tool (e.g. Mode Analytics/Chartio/Tableau/Qlikview)
- Preferred experience working with international partners at different time zones
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video and our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. The platform is a home for creative expression through videos that create a genuine, inspiring, and joyful experience. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.