Production Manager, Original Content & Live Broadcast (Contract)
- Plan, budget, produce, and manage execution of all content production efforts for the original content team.
- Manage, monitor, and track the daily budgetary oversight for department components including staffing, and all logistical operations.
- Maintain production/AV/Tech crew rosters, and book crew for Production events
- Ensure proper daily communications between the staff, crew and production management.
- Identify areas for budget risks and opportunities.
- Maintain budgets and schedules for pre-production, production, and post-production ensuring proper resources and all contingencies are planned for.
- Work with the Content Production Team for project scheduling.
- Oversee the workflow of invoicing/expensing process from initial receipt of invoice/expenses to budget actualization.
- Manage payroll for first-party live broadcasts, including onboarding new hires, tracking timecard submissions, and approving weekly timecard edits
- Identify the legal documents related to local/remote shoots, third-party production companies, specialized voice over, talent services etc.
- Ensure proper rights and clearances to music and footage used in all original content.
- Oversee the execution of day-to-day operations and upkeep for developed video production.
- Responsible for identifying service providers as well as hiring and managing contractors as necessary.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in producing post-produced content.
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical and logistical aspects of broadcasting content and live event production.
- Understanding of studio broadcast facilities, related technologies, and equipment.
- Strategic thinker with a strong vision of how to shape broadcast and streaming events.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills; superior communication skills.
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to interface effectively with both gamers and businesspeople.
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with global team members.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office programs.
- Available for extensive travel, including international travel.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Blizzard Games and Esports.
- Familiarity with the technical requirements for streaming live events.
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Discover more jobs
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software. After establishing the Blizzard Entertainment label in 1994, the company quickly became one of the most popular and well-respected makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, Blizzard Entertainment has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception. COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options. Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us! Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.