Manager, A&R Admin
- Administering and managing recording budgets for a designated roster.
- Preparing recording cost budgets and periodic forecasts in tandem with the Finance department.
- Drafting and negotiating producer and remix agreements, musician and vocalist grant forms.
- Processing contractual payments to artists, producers, remixers, and sample licensors, confirming that delivery requirements have been met in each instance.
- Approving costs including recording, mixing, and mastering sessions, travel.
- Issuing purchase orders to vendors, obtaining requisite approvals, and processing invoices.
- Preparing and/or reviewing AFM and SAG-AFTRA contracts for all participants on a given release.
- Collecting, reviewing, and routing project label copy, ensuring that all clearances are received in advance of song/LP release.
- Acting as point person in having songs reviewed and cleared for samples.
- Liaising with Royalties to confirm that all questions are answered in preparation for quarterly statement rendering.
- Ad hoc projects and financial analyses as requested.
- College Degree
- Previous record label experience and/or understanding of the recording process and music industry as a whole
- Prior work experience in accounting or finance is a plus. Must be highly proficient in Excel and possess strong analytical and data modeling skills.
- Solid communication, organizational, communication, and follow up skills.
- Able to work independently, multitask, and manage evolving priorities on the fly.
- Must be able to interact well with all internal and external contacts, from C-suite executives to interns to artists, and form positive and productive working relationships.
Benefits & Perks
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, and 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits like company-paid identity theft protection and resources for pets, mental health and meditation resources, industry-leading fertility coverage, fully paid leave for childbirth or bonding, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized back-up child and elder care, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy, tuition and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth & development
- Time off for a winter recess
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Sony Music Entertainment
Discover more jobs
At Sony Music Entertainment, we fuel the creative journey. We’ve played a pioneering role in music history, from the first-ever music label to the invention of the flat disc record. We’ve nurtured some of music’s most iconic artists and produced some of the most influential recordings of all time. Today, we work in more than 60 countries, supporting a diverse roster of international superstars, developing and independent artists, and visionary creators. From our position at the intersection of music, entertainment, and technology, we bring imagination and expertise to the newest products and platforms, embrace new business models, employ breakthrough tools, and provide powerful insights that help our artists push creative boundaries and reach new audiences. In everything we do, we’re committed to artistic integrity, transparency, and entrepreneurship. Sony Music Entertainment is a member of the Sony family of global companies.