Host, Music - Contemporary Jazz - Part-Time
- Host dynamic, informative and entertaining contemporary/smooth jazz music program
- Be knowledgeable on contemporary/smooth jazz music and artists
- Uphold best practices for announcing and audience building with the ability to incorporate format appropriate pop culture topics and news
- Be prepared daily by reviewing various media sources including web sites, blogs, podcasts, magazines, and social media platforms each day.
- Promote the show, the channel, related channels and the company positively on and off the air to maximize the growth of subscribers and listeners.
- Meet with Program Director on a regular basis to review on-air performance and establish on-going goals for the show and the channel.
- Conduct superior studio interviews, including via ISDN connections when necessary.
- Represent the company as a talent on occasional remote broadcasts and outside events.
- Actively participate in channel social media activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Minimum 3 years of on air radio experience
- Excellent communicator with strong on-air presence, presenting a genuine, informed and likable personality with the ability to create topical breaks that are clear and concise.
- Strong interest in current events and jazz culture, as related to assigned channels / programs
- Significant social networking skills
- Ability to execute ideas
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work and respond quickly under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Comfortable working with other talent, artists and high-profile individuals; must have strong guest interviewing skills
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of digital audio recording and editing software
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.Pandora.com/careers. About SiriusXM Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world’s largest audio entertainment company, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and advertising-supported audio products. With the recent addition of Pandora Radio, the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., SiriusXM reaches more than 100 million people with its audio products and services. Pandora is a leading music and podcast discovery platform, providing a highly-personalized listening experience to approximately 70 million users each month with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology - whether at home or on the go - through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products. As the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., with an industry-leading digital audio advertising platform, Pandora connects listeners with the audio entertainment they love.