- Approval of monthly/ quarterly/ annual journal entries.
- Ensure timely preparation of all monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations and timely resolution of all variances.
- Managing the financial close in the Great Plains system.
- Month and YTD variance analysis.
- Responsible for managing all Tax filings - Federal, State, City and Franchise.
- Preparation of the information required to support and file the tax returns.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable tax and accounting laws and regulations.
- Daily Cash management and managing relationship with Banks.
- Overseeing month end Bank reconciliations.
- Foreign currency transfers and settlement of hedges.
- Approving and releasing of Wires and ACH’s.
- Coordinating with the auditors and managing the audit request list.
- Planning and coordinating the dissemination of information to the auditors.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements to be attached to the audit report.
- Preparation of the annual financial statements for the Pension Plans.
- Preparation, analysis, interpreting, and reporting financial data at month end.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports and analysis as needed to assist in business decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- CPA or CPA eligible a plus.
- 8+ years of accounting experience. Public accounting experience a plus.
- Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting regulations and standards.
- Proven track record and possesses strong leadership skills to effectively manage a diverse team to achieve results and execute transformative organizational change.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and delegate as needed.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and the accounting and finance team.
- Ability to present financial information effectively.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of the music industry beneficial.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Strong spreadsheet application skills.
- Knowledge of Great Plains and report writing applications a plus.
Benefits & Perks
- A choice of either network only provider medical and dental plans or more flexible medical and dental plans where you can see providers in or out-of-network
- Vision plan that offers both in and out- of network provider options
- Immediate eligibility for 401(k) participation with an employer provided match
- An additional Employer paid retirement savings program regardless of your participation in the 401(k) Plan
- Generous time-off policy
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Short term disability Insurance / salary continuation and Long term disability insurance
- Company provided basic life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Supplemental and dependent life insurance options
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a professional membership organization of songwriters, composers and music publishers of every kind of music. ASCAP's mission is to license and promote the music of its members and foreign affiliates, obtain fair compensation for the public performance of their works and to distribute the royalties that it collects based upon those performances. ASCAP members write the world's best-loved music and ASCAP has pioneered the efficient licensing of that music to hundreds of thousands of enterprises who use it to add value to their business - from bars, restaurants and retail, to radio, TV and cable, to Internet, mobile services and more. The ASCAP license offers an efficient solution for businesses to legally perform ASCAP music while respecting the right of songwriters and composers to be paid fairly. With over 650,000 members representing more than 11.5 million copyrighted works, ASCAP is the worldwide leader in performance royalties, service and advocacy for songwriters and composers, and the only American performing rights organization (PRO) owned and governed by its writer and publisher members.