Counsel, Music - India
- The ideal candidate will have PQE (Post Qualified Experience) of 4 to 6 years preferably in the Media & Entertainment industry or from a law firm, which specializes in Media & Entertainment practice.
- Experience providing in-house music support in a television, documentary or film production company and/or network is highly preferred
- Experience in the music market for the production of series, film or documentaries, including direct, hands-on experience in structuring, negotiating and drafting composer, performer and featured artist agreements, master use and synchronization license agreements, music producer agreements, songwriter agreements, record company and music publishing waiver agreements;
- Thorough understanding of the music nuances in producing locally vs producing for global distribution
- In-depth knowledge of music copyright and the series/film production process - from development, budgeting, pre-production, production and post production to music clearance/licensing to composer engagement/recording through to delivery, cue sheets, marketing and launch;
- Practical knowledge of the music and entertainment industries in India, including the role of CMOs such as IPRS, and active relationships with music agents, lawyers, managers, music publishers and record companies.
- Understanding of the evolving theatrical, VOD and TV Landscapes
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English
- Exceptional drafting and project management skills
- Clear, concise and effective communication skills
- Highly-collaborative and flexible with the ability to respond positively, innovate and adapt to change and new ideas
- Experience managing heavy workflow independently.
- Demonstrated curiosity about how different backgrounds and cultures affect us at work, and a commitment to acknowledge and work past implicit biases that we all have
- Unparalleled organizational skills and an unwavering attention to detail
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment, even when the rules are unclear and the issues are of first impression
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
- Resourceful and able to pivot quickly, think practically and be solution-oriented
- Curiosity and eagerness to tackle additional projects as needed, including matters outside of your area of expertise
- Tech-savvy, with a strong sense of how cloud-based document and database systems are used in a modern business environment
- A sense of humour!
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.