City Music Admissions Coordinator
- Responsible to sustaining systems for enlisting and tracking students into all facets of City Music scholarships, programming and services, including managing off-campus check-in and/or program, workshop, or event admittance.
- Maintains constant communications, using best practices in customer service, with City Music Boston communities and Network sites throughout the nomination, audition and enrollment cycles. Coordinates efforts with the City Music National Office on Network communications.
- Concerned summer housing, contributes to writing and maintaining City Music college student profiles, under the guidance of the City Music Advising and Enrollment Manager.
- Participates in recruitment initiatives of new Boston-area students, under the direction of the Associate Director.
- Supports all efforts with youth support, advising services, and advocacy for both Boston and national [and international] City Music scholarship students coming to the Berklee campus. Responds to direction on specific initiatives under the instructions of the Associate Director and Advising & Enrollment Manager.
- Tracks specific information and activities on all City Music alumni, maintaining a database and providing scheduled and requested reports.
- Contributes to the collaborative work with the City Music Registrar in collecting data for the Registrar and the City Music Administrative Coordinator (for the annual and pilot reports) on but not limited to: student enrollment data, attrition and retention, student outcomes (program impact, post high school decisions).
- Responsible for organizing workshops that promote, track and educate our youth and families on student college choices, transitions to college, college financial planning and career development.
- Responsible to educating community partners and Network member sites on the admissions criteria and processes for the City Music Summer Scholarship and College Scholarship, overseeing written translations of admissions materials from English to Spanish.
- Expected to be on-hand for all major City Music concerts and events.
- Represent Berklee City Music at on and off-campus events as circumstances require and when requested by the Associate Director or Manager for Advising and Enrollment.
- Respond to duties that may shift to accommodate additional activities, changing in emphasis as time goes on to reflect the demands made on the City Music relationship to the National Network expansion.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent required in the areas of online systems management, youth development and/or education, communications and marketing/promotions; Master’s degree or equivalent experience in youth program or school or community program administration a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a professional office environment.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with proficiency in writing, editing and proofreading; experience with relevant technologies. Bilingual a plus.
- Exceptional organization, project management, intercultural and interpersonal skills.
- Must enjoy working for/with children, youth and families. Proven experience with excellence and best practices in customer service through in-person, verbal and written forms.
- Willingness to be out in the communities to meet with people in multifarious settings; own transportation a plus. Ability to plan and present at student orientation/registration and for City Music Network teachers and administrators seeking to learn/share best-practices; attend school college/career fairs; be available for some night and weekend activities as required.
- Sensitivity to the concerns and needs of diverse student populations is essential. Preference given to candidates with experience working with under-represented populations.
- Commitment to the educational development of students; and ability to relate effectively with students, community leaders, and other college departments and areas.
- Functional knowledge of music and music education and trends in education; comfortable working and communicating with teachers in a K-12 setting, primarily urban public school environments. Experience working with primary and secondary school aged students in an educational setting a plus.
- Proactively engage and interact with the larger community in an articulate, cordial and professional manner.
- Ability to remain focused between basic office work and active involvement in City Music events.
- Familiarity with contemporary office systems technology, including database management, as well as basic web management and spread sheet applications utilizing current Macintosh applications.
- Familiarity with today's music styles, leading musical figures, and the structure/organization of the music industry. Experience as a performing musician a plus.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities effectively.
- Displays a positive, professional attitude at all times, with all City Music’s internal and external constituencies.
- Dress and decorum consistent with a professional office environment.
How to apply
Apply via link
Berklee College of Music
Discover more jobs
_Berklee is the preeminent institute of contemporary music and the performing arts, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs at its campuses in Boston, Massachusetts and Valencia, Spain, and through its award-winning distance learning program, Berklee Online. Dedicated to nurturing the creative and career potential of the world’s most inspired artists, Berklee’s commitment to arts education is reflected in the work of its students, faculty, and alumni—hundreds of whom have been recognized with Grammy, Tony, Oscar, and Emmy Awards._ _Learn more at [berklee.edu](https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__berklee.edu_&d=DwMFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=Lqhte9-F0H-Xibie777grAovHN25vhZc_8e2cNT16M0&m=FwoqFVVyKaIX4XGK5v9BU_8kV9D4DocnTr5iO9ZBDaU&s=AQqtc-OGNdVVVK9Ay3OE3JjFpSo1hBd9ituogcU-o8g&e=)[.](http://www.berklee.edu/)_