Associate Producer, Talk Programming
- Check studio equipment for proper functioning prior to going on air, reporting technical problems and equipment malfunctions.
- Run the audio console for various live and taped programs
- Edit audio for on-air use.
- Ensure studio sound equipment is functioning properly during programs.
- Ensure that on-air product is up to broadcast standards before it leaves the studios.
- Work with producers and talent on following programming clocks to ensure that all content and advertisements are aired as planned.
- Work with producers, talent and directors to develop creative sound ideas to enhance program content.
- Coordinate the appropriate mix of music and sound for assigned shows and ensure that levels are mixed properly.
- Provide cues and support to talent to facilitate program continuity.
- Screen incoming calls and selectively choose callers to go on-air for the purpose of enhancing program content.
- Put listener calls through to on-air talent.
- Work with producers to create / edit "Best of..." programs from archives of past shows for weekend or special re-broadcasting needs.
- Assist with some pre- and post-show production, including editing and swiping shows for On Demand.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- At least 1 year of experience running an audio board.
- At least 1 year of experience in a professional broadcast environment (Radio/TV/Digital), preferably News/Talk or Sports formats.
- Flexible schedule with ability to work days, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to work in all areas of Talk and Entertainment Programming, including news, politics, and pop culture.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to work with talent and other high-profile individuals.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous use of broadcast operation software (Zetta, Prophet, Dalet, NexGen, etc.)
- Familiarity with digital audio editing software (OneCut, Audition, ProTools, etc)
- General knowledge on operating studio console and sound equipment.
- Mixing and coordinating sound elements into a professional sounding on-air product
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
How to apply
Apply via link
Discover more jobs
SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the world’s largest audio entertainment company. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners – in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at www.Pandora.com/careers. About SiriusXM Sirius XM Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: SIRI) is the world’s largest audio entertainment company, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and advertising-supported audio products. With the recent addition of Pandora Radio, the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., SiriusXM reaches more than 100 million people with its audio products and services. Pandora is a leading music and podcast discovery platform, providing a highly-personalized listening experience to approximately 70 million users each month with its proprietary Music Genome Project® and Podcast Genome Project® technology - whether at home or on the go - through its mobile app, the web, and integrations with more than 2,000 connected products. As the largest streaming music provider in the U.S., with an industry-leading digital audio advertising platform, Pandora connects listeners with the audio entertainment they love.