Academic Program Assistant to the Associate Dean
- As a work-from-home employee, availability to work remotely between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time.
- As a work-from-home employee, attending regular weekly meetings with Associate Dean.
- As a work-from-home employee, attend weekly professional performance division meetings.
- Using email, Zoom appointments or Zoom phone calls, advises specific performance major cohorts such as current graduates, Berklee Global Academic Partners (BGAP students), Study Abroad students, First Year Abroad students, Degree Completion Students and Harvard Dual Degree students.
- Using email, Zoom appointments or Zoom phone calls advises students enrolled in Performance Core Music classes, Performance Studies classes and approved student participants in Performance Division Institutes.
- Supports students with forms that require Associate Dean approval such as declaration of major forms, entering waivers into colleague, academic review forms, chair authorized late add forms.
- Supports the Associate Dean on behalf of performance division chairs regarding student advising, Office of the Registrar and Academic Scheduling on performance major/performance core registration issues, Success Advising team, SEIP team, Student Accessibilities team and more as needed.
- Supports the Associate Dean with the semester schedules for Performance Studies classes and the respective adjunct faculty, and performance division institutes faculty reporting to the Associate Dean.
- Co-manages the Professional Performance Division phone extension and email address.
- Organizes volunteers for divisional representation at college wide enrollment collaborations such as the spring and fall Major Minor Fairs and Admissions’ yield events.
- Supports the Associate Dean with programs such as the Berklee Scholars Initiative (BSI) pre-orientation week, the student financial literacy sessions in preparation of the annual Bill Pierce MLK Scholarship application period, and the semester Music and English Intensive Program (MEIP).
- Updates performance major materials regularly as well as performance division information on behalf of the performance division institutes and programs.
- Provides updates to the website and digital monitors as a Professional Performance Division content manager regarding announcements, deadlines, events or posting on bulletin boards when needed.
- Periodic visits to the Boston campus to be discussed.
- Strong knowledge, comfort and accessibility with Zoom as a main remote access tool as a work-from-home employee
- Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to think creatively and proactively
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or Google Workspace
- Knowledge of basic web editing, and comfort with creating posters and/or social media event graphics using software such as Word, Power point, Photoshop, or Canva.com
- Fundamental understanding of the music industry (from a performer’s perspective)
- Preferred understanding of arts administration, musical terminology, artists, styles, instruments
- Familiarity with Berklee College of Music history and practices a plus
- Commitment to confidentiality when handling sensitive personal information of students, faculty, staff, and others.
- Possesses exceptional organizational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy; ability to take direction and carry out work responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects and events.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, meet the deadlines of complex projects, and exercise good judgment for the benefit of the college, in general and as a work-from-home employee.
- Flexible, adaptable, and results-oriented; proven ability to thrive and succeed in a creative, changing, and fast-paced environment
- General office administrative skills including document creation, transcribing, and phone handling.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with student population (domestic and international)
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with individuals and organizations reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives and experiences.
- Familiarity with multiple social media platforms for marketing and communication purposes
- Ability to effectively supervise work-study students (for future purposes)
This job has expired but you can still explore other open positions from the same company or find new ones from our amazing selection.
Berklee College of Music
Discover more jobs
_Berklee is the preeminent institute of contemporary music and the performing arts, offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs at its campuses in Boston, Massachusetts and Valencia, Spain, and through its award-winning distance learning program, Berklee Online. Dedicated to nurturing the creative and career potential of the world’s most inspired artists, Berklee’s commitment to arts education is reflected in the work of its students, faculty, and alumni—hundreds of whom have been recognized with Grammy, Tony, Oscar, and Emmy Awards._ _Learn more at [berklee.edu](https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__berklee.edu_&d=DwMFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=Lqhte9-F0H-Xibie777grAovHN25vhZc_8e2cNT16M0&m=FwoqFVVyKaIX4XGK5v9BU_8kV9D4DocnTr5iO9ZBDaU&s=AQqtc-OGNdVVVK9Ay3OE3JjFpSo1hBd9ituogcU-o8g&e=)[.](http://www.berklee.edu/)_